Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is This Season A Success?

II COLD

It will be a success if they continue to grow and develop. We've already doubled our win total from last year with what I believe to still be a very gutted rag tag roster of players. We do not have that much talent or depth. I mean we beat the freaking packers. Just hope they continue to move in the right direction and acquire the players we need.

Such a personal question. It was a success when I heard of the new attitude coming out of camp. It was a success when Luck drove the length of the field to get his first win. It was a success when Reggie decided to come back and give his all. The 4-3 record is just icing on the cake for this young group.

I glean joy from the fight and pride that emanates from the group of men that wear the horseshoe, not from the wins. Why would I hinge my joy on only a SB win. Since I started following the Colts after the 1970 season, that would only mean one year of joy in 40 years. No thanks.....I'll take joy every year that is there for the taking...you just have to know where to look. Right now there is so much joy to be had, the cup is running over.

Such a personal question. It was a success when I heard of the new attitude coming out of camp. It was a success when Luck drove the length of the field to get his first win. It was a success when Reggie decided to come back and give his all. The 4-3 record is just icing on the cake for this young group.

I glean joy from the fight and pride that emanates from the group of men that wear the horseshoe, not from the wins. Why would I hinge my joy on only a SB win. Since I started following the Colts after the 1970 season, that would only mean one year of joy in 40 years. No thanks.....I'll take joy every year that is there for the taking...you just have to know where to look. Right now there is so much joy to be had, the cup is running over.

Please accept this as an early nomination for 'post of the year'. Said with class, Warhorse....

Well said Warhorse!

With that being said, I will inject this.

I knew from the beginning this year would not be about wins and loses for me. This year was about growth and learning. I am just as proud of this team at 4-3 as I was when we won the SB. 3 weeks into the season we lose Coach. As young of a team as we are, that could have clearly derailed us and pushed us back even farther. We didn't though, we grew together and pulled off a miraculous upset over GB. We are a young team that right now, is defying the odds.

So called NFL pundits are writting articles apologizng for thinking so little of us. When was the last time you saw that for any team? Let alone the Colts? You tell me is that success?

Everything from here on out about this season is icing on the cake.

Just like a house, this year we are setting the foundation(and its setting pretty quick)

Well said Warhorse!

With that being said, I will inject this.

I knew from the beginning this year would not be about wins and loses for me. This year was about growth and learning. I am just as proud of this team at 4-3 as I was when we won the SB. 3 weeks into the season we lose Coach. As young of a team as we are, that could have clearly derailed us and pushed us back even farther. We didn't though, we grew together and pulled off a miraculous upset over GB. We are a young team that right now, is defying the odds.

So called NFL pundits are writting articles apologizng for thinking so little of us. When was the last time you saw that for any team? Let alone the Colts? You tell me is that success?

Everything from here on out about this season is icing on the cake.

Just like a house, this year we are setting the foundation(and its setting pretty quick)

Nice, and it's a castle we are building, not just a house.....

Personally, I don't know how you can't view this season as a success...so far.

The Colts finished last season as the worst team in the National Football League.

At the mid point this season, the Colts have a top 10 offense with a patchwork O line and a stable of rookies. They have a top 20 defense operating under a brand new scheme. And, they are in the hunt for the playoffs.