Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who to blame more

ColtFan12

Would blaming anyone help this team getting better?

This is a new team, most of players haven't played before in the same line, we have rookies.... There will be mistakes, there will be losses... It will take time to get this team better. Patience and learning will help, blaming wont. It was only the 3rd game, not the 3rd season...

Exactly why I haven't participated in this thread other than to point out that bad officiating influenced the ebb and flow of this game.

This is exactly what many of the more even-keeled members of our forum have been warning about for months now....TEMPER your expectations people.....straight check that optimistic zealotry at the door, Jack.

At 1-2 I'm impressed with the product being offered me as a Colts fan.....absolutely tickled pretty pink. This is the fun part of being an endeared fan, watching your team grow from nothing into.......well, something more than just something....something special.

Wait what? You wanted them to go for it on that 4th and one play? Ummm no. If you have the chance to take the lead in a game like that you do it. With as bad as our line is short yardage isn't exactly our specialty and there is no promise we would have gotten it. In fact on a 3rd and 2 earlier in the game they did try to run the ball and it blown up for about a three yard loss. If you watch the end of the Lions and Titans game from Sunday the Lions were well in poistion for a game tying field goal in OT and went for it on a 4th and 1 and got stuffed. That could have just as easily happened to the Colts and I could see what this place would have been liked if that happened and the Jags ran out the clock. You would have had everyone and their mother screaming why on earth did they not trust the Hall of Fame kicker who just nailed a 53 yard game winning field goal the week before! This coulda, woulda, shoulda game that everyone is playing is getting kinda tired because everyone is just assuming that had the Colts taken the risks they wanted them to take it would have worked out. The Colts could have very easily played it a different way and still come up with the same result a loss. That's why it's best to play the % in those spots because more times than not doing what the Colts did on Sunday in the spots they were in is going to win the game. In fact it did put them in poistion to win the game up till Brown didn't cover his guy on the 80 yard TD pass. If there is one single play the Colts should have done something different on that's the play not the field goal Adam got a redo on a minute later and hit and gave them the lead.

Dude, you didn't even read my post right, I said they should have gone for it on the 4th and 1 where vinatieri MISSED the FG. During that play there was plenty of time left on the clock to get the ball back and still kick the FG that they did make. If you are going to respond you could at least read what I said.

Dude, you didn't even read my post right, I said they should have gone for it on the 4th and 1 where vinatieri MISSED the FG. During that play there was plenty of time left on the clock to get the ball back and still kick the FG that they did make. If you are going to respond you could at least read what I said.

I did read your post and was talking about how going for it on what turned out to be the missed field goal is still the wrong call for exactly what I said before. Just because they go for it doesn't mean they would get it and everyone would be screaming about the coaches not trusting Adam in that spot if they didn't get it.

I think that the defense was horrible, just horrible. How can you give an 80 yard touchdown on one play. But the biggest thing and I feel that this cost us the game was the refs. They penalize us too many times and they hardly penalized the Jaguars. I don't care if they are replacement refs they should know what to call and what not to call. Its makes me angry that we had so many blown calls, we could have won that game. You can call me insane if you want, but I want to say, THE REFS BEAT US, NOT THE JAGUARS.

...we gave up an 80-yard TD with less than a minute to play..and we led 14-3..we beat ourselves

I did read your post and was talking about how going for it on what turned out to be the missed field goal is still the wrong call for exactly what I said before. Just because they go for it doesn't mean they would get it and everyone would be screaming about the coaches not trusting Adam in that spot if they didn't get it.

Well, I can't argue with what you said about playing percentages. I was just thinking with how bad the defense had been playing, its not a matter of not trusting Adam, it was more of a we need to score more point on offense than we are about to give up on defense thing. I really trust luck and think if we would have given him the opportunity on 4th and 1...a quick pass could have got the job done. Don't trust the o-line and brown in that situation though, so I wasn't recommending that we run it there. It would have been a high risk and controversial play, no doubt, I know people would complain, but I would like to see the team take some risks here or there if a good situation presents itself. Not saying this would have definitely won the game or anything, I agree with most of what you said, would just like to think we don't have jim caldwell on the sidelines anymore calling conservative to try and hold a shaky lead. Just thinking about that loss to the saints even today, where we have peyton manning with a minute to go and we ran the ball three times to go to halftime and hold a lead, instead of trying to put our foots on their necks and put more points on the board.