Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A legal way to watch Colts games from out of town?

coltsfeva

I live in Delaware. Just bought Amazon Firestick to watch Colts games streaming. As far as I can see, it's legal. You do need internet access and tv with HDMI input. You have to install Kodi and use Ports Devil as the app. If you're an older guy like me, you may want to ask you kids or grandkids.  http://firestick.io/what-does-a-jailbroken-firestick-do-and-are-they-legal/

Yes, the Firestick is legal.  To get Kodi is legal.  What happens from there is grey area to illegal.

Amazon pulled that app (Kodi) last year, saying Kodi can be “used to facilitate the piracy or illegal download of content.”

If you haven't purchased any paid content, then streaming it for free is a violation; even if the devices themselves aren't illegal (computer and an app). Guns aren't illegal, shotting another with one is.  Right?

The only ways I'm aware of that is legal to get NFL games / Content is-

Aerial (Antenna) from a free local TV broadcast
Sling TV (I have this myself on the XBox One) with Blue + Orange @$40/mo   

(ESPN and NFLN) during the season, just Blue off season
PlayStation Vue (Stream, NBC Sports app, Fox Sports Go, WatchESPN, and NFLN)
NFL Sunday Ticket - DirecTV or Sunday ticket Streaming in select cities
Verizion Wireless

Also-

NFL Gamepass:  allows live Pre Season games and full NFL game replays.

Anything else, like the use of Kodi and SportsDevill apps, may be (and likely is) in violation when streaming out of market NFL games; and such posts regarding them and their use will not be supported on this site.

Thread locked.  :locked: