Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft (with and without a trade)

First up is my draft without a trade:

29: Eddie Goldman (NT/DT FSU)

61: Jay Ajayi (RB Boise State)

93: Hayes Pullard (ILB USC)

128: Rob Havenstein (RT Wisconsin)

165: Clayton Geathers (FS Central Florida)

205: Louis Trinca-Pasat (DT/DE Iowa)

207: Justin Coleman (CB Tennessee)

245: Tevin McDonald (S Eastern Washington)

256: John Timu (ILB Washington)

We pick up two day-one starters in Goldman and Geathers who would improve our defense dramatically.  We get five role players who have the ability to become excellent starters in Ajayi, Pullard, Havenstein, Trinca-Pasat and Coleman.  We also get two players who could excel on special teams with a chance to prove something more in training camp in McDonald and Timu.  The names for picks 93, 128, and 165 are all interchangeable depending on how the draft is folding out.  If there is a run on safeties, Geathers might need to go earlier dropping one of the others down.

My second potential draft invloves a trade.  Minnesota trades picks 45 and 76 (660 value) for our picks 29, 205, and 207 (658 value) in order to pick up TJ Clemmings.

45: Carl Davis (NT/DT Iowa)

61: Jay Ajayi (RB Boise State)

76: Quentin Rollins (CB Miami)

93: Hayes Pullard (ILB USC)

128: Rob Havenstein (RT Wisconsin)

165: Clayton Geathers (FS Central Florida)

245: Ray Drew (DE Georgia)

256: Dallas Llewallen (C/G Wisconsin)

We pick up two day-one starters in Davis and Geathers.  We get four role players who could become excellent starters in Ajayi, Rollins, Pullard and Havenstein.  We also get two candidates for depth who fit our scheme fairly well.  This trade is more geared towards the growing party of Carl Davis fans on these boards.

Not bad, both are pretty good. Just some things to note though: I don't think Goldman will be there at 29. I think a team out of Detriot, Baltimore, or Denver will pick him up. I also don't think Gathers is a 5th round pick, rather a mid 4th. And also Trinca-Pasat is a 5th or 4th round pick won't be there in the 6th. Good work though, some nice picks just a couple of streches.

Not bad, both are pretty good. Just some things to note though: I don't think Goldman will be there at 29. I think a team out of Detriot, Baltimore, or Denver will pick him up. I also don't think Gathers is a 5th round pick, rather a mid 4th. And also Trinca-Pasat is a 5th or 4th round pick won't be there in the 6th. Good work though, some nice picks just a couple of streches.

Detroit is my big worry, but I think they'll end up getting Malcom Brown.  And if Goldman isn't available, that's when I would start looking to trade down.  I've kinda grown against drafting players in the first who won't start imediately (which is the only reason why I would be against drafting TJ Clemmings).

And I agree on Geathers.  I seem to have three fourth-round picks filled in to our third, fourth, and fifth.

I'm thinking Denver will pick up an OT, which is what has me worried. I know they took Sylvester Williams in the first round in 2013, not 100% sure on how he has been. It'll be 50/50 between an OT and a D-Lineman IMO. I guess Trinca Pasat has risen some, I remember him being a 6th or 7th rounder. I'll have to check some updates. Geathers would a nice guy to draft though.

I'm thinking Denver will pick up an OT, which is what has me worried. I know they took Sylvester Williams in the first round in 2013, not 100% sure on how he has been. It'll be 50/50 between an OT and a D-Lineman IMO. I guess Trinca Pasat has risen some, I remember him being a 6th or 7th rounder. I'll have to check some updates. Geathers would a nice guy to draft though.

Trinca-Pasat has definitely risen.  RealityIsLuck is correct in saying he's closer to a fourth now.  Both of my sixth round picks will probably go earlier, but they could slide to us. 

Denver is tough to predict because Wade Phillips is going to want a solid NT, but they have holes on both lines.  They can probably settle their O-line woes later in the draft.  If they grab the last good NT, we'll probably be able to pull off my second option.  If they grab an OT, there will probably be a great NT prospect available for us.  In the end, I could see both Eddie Goldman AND TJ Clemmings being available at 29.

I like it. I am really hoping Goldman or Brown drops to us. I will take Phillips, but the other two, especially Goldman is preferred. I think he would start immediately, but it seems he is moving up the boards.

The one thing I will say about all these mocks is it is a terrible time to try and mock draft, especially with players who just had there pro days and were impressive. Goldman is one of those guys. If I learned one thing last year, probably half of the 1st round guys I had going did not. I could not believe how wrong everyone was last year when I looked at the first round. I hope the same happens this year, but with the big uglies!