Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Illegal formations

bap1331

Do you feel the colts should have tried the same? Or it should a rule have been taken into effect right away after the ravens? Its called, "ILLEGAL formations". If it confuses the refs and coach, the ref should have called a penalty or made up a rule just like the tuck rule.

Do you feel the colts should have tried the same? Or it should a rule have been taken into effect right away after the ravens? Its called, "ILLEGAL formations". If it confuses the refs and coach, the ref should have called a penalty or made up a rule just like the tuck rule.

like Castonzo's TD in the regular season game?  same play that Pats ran to Solder

There were no illegal formations. The tuck rule was not made up. It just hadn't been called for a long time. I can recall that Manning had a tuck call that was ruled in favor of the Colts. I can say IMO that the tuck rule used in the Patriot-Raider game was shady at best. I think they should do away with the tuck rule. If a QB pulls the pass back down and looses the ball it should be ruled a fumble.

There were no illegal formations. The tuck rule was not made up. It just hadn't been called for a long time. I can recall that Manning had a tuck call that was ruled in favor of the Colts. I can say IMO that the tuck rule used in the Patriot-Raider game was shady at best. I think they should do away with the tuck rule. If a QB pulls the pass back down and looses the ball it should be ruled a fumble.

They did last year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152253/article/tuck-rule-eliminated-by-wide-margin-at-nfl-annual-meeting