Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

These country boys call themselves "Black and Decker"

10 posts in this topic

Personally I like Salt and Pepa.

I like Butter and biscuits

A wonderful story on DT.

These WRs are pretty much all I asked for when we lost to the Saints in the superbowl - some targets that can beat the coverage do not always require Manning to throw 100% accurate. Unfortunately Manning is no longer with Colts, but he has gotten the weapons now. Hope they help him get the trophy he has always deserved.

1 person likes this

I did not know Demaryius Thomas' situation....with his mom and grandma...

That's hard core..e.

A wonderful story on DT.

These WRs are pretty much all I asked for when we lost to the Saints in the superbowl - some targets that can beat the coverage do not always require Manning to throw 100% accurate. Unfortunately Manning is no longer with Colts, but he has gotten the weapons now. Hope they help him get the trophy he has always deserved.

That's a good point...Manning throws to guys that arent open now..

..He expects them to wall off the defender like a basketball player getting a rebound..

That's big this week agaionst baltimore's corners

That's a good point...Manning throws to guys that arent open now..

..He expects them to wall off the defender like a basketball player getting a rebound..

That's big this week agaionst baltimore's corners

In the year Manning was with Colts we just never had receivers that were physically stronger or taller or faster than players who cover them. If very average QBs like Matt Staford and Andy Dalton look elite once they have their tall and fast weapons, I just don't believe Manning couldn't take advantage of the gifts and take them to an even higher level.

Fun read! This passage made me laugh:

You might become best friends, too, if you both had to deal with the joy and the hell of playing with a picky perfectionist like Manning every day.

"Our favorite," Decker says, "is when he comes to you on the sideline after you screw up and asks you a question he already knows the answer to. He'll be like, 'Now, on the down and in, are you supposed to cut that up at 5 yards or 7?' And you'll be like, 'Five,' even though you both know you were at 7. And he'll be like, 'Oh, OK. Thanks.'"

People think Manning has done for Decker and Thomas what Madonna did for bras. But they might try looking at it from the other end.

I love that they are getting national recognition. They are smart, hard-working youths, and they will only get better.

Both 25....Both 1,000 yards....and Elway seemed to know they could do this....

I think their size might make them effective even in the tough weather Saturday...

D. Thomas made the biggest play of last season....vs. Pitt in the wild card game..the 80-yard pass/run

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Extremly early prediction...
      With my changes, I have 53.  Players with bold/underline with a ' - ' in front of them mean I removed them from the OPs roster and players with a ' + ' were my additions.  I axed Todman, Boyce, Tyms, Kerr, McNary, and Okine.  I added Griswold, Blythe, Haeg, McClure, Thompson and Bates.  I think the OP had Good listed 2x and I just removed one of them.   I put Miller on the PS, as at this point I don't think he's much more than a project, but he is pretty freakish in terms of his size.   I tend to agree with you on Maggit, and won't be shocked if we IR him -- double digit sacks in the SEC is a big deal, and without having seen how healthy he will get, or how well he will play after a year off, I could see us running the risk of having him scooped by another team if he is left on our PS.  The guy has upside, for sure... whether he can return to health and remain healthy is yet to be seen.   Thompson is a guy who produced and was a football player in college, but I think his tests are what killed him (he ran a 4.95/4.99 in the 40, which I could see turning teams off).  I am hoping he turns out to be good -- Syracuse has produced some good DE/LBs in the past (see Freeney, Chandler Jones), so here's hoping we got lucky with Thompson.   I don't know what to think about Herrara, I think he has potential, but don't know about it translating.  I kept him on my PS, as I think for the team to keep him there last year and bring him back this year says something.   I am hoping we can generate a pass rush this year and Butler can get back to being the slot CB he was a couple years back, when I thought he was one of the best slots in the game.  Outside of Davis, we don't really know what we have in the other CBs (I'm thinking Robinson is an upgrade by default to Toler), and I don't think we've seen enough of Smith or Mitchel to really know what to expect.
    • Nate Irving Lost 20 Pounds?
      If we're talking about ILB talent on the roster,  I think the name Morrison should be mentioned.    I don't know how much he'll play this year,   but I think his future in Indy is very, very bright.  
    • Chime in Colt Fans From FL, TN and TX
      I'm in California, so I can't provide any direct commentary from the perspective of a Jags fan, Texans fan, or a Titans fan, however, I do chat on the Jaguars forums from time to time. There was a thread mentioning who was the most hated team and the Colts were among the most mentioned teams, along with the Titans, and Patriots. It seams that people from all over the U. S do not like the Patriots.   Within the AFC, we were the most hated for obvious reasons. We were the king of the hill for so long, and still are, IMO.
    • Chime in Colt Fans From FL, TN and TX
      In Houston the Colts are number one on the Texans hit list and for some reason they are licking their chops for the upcoming season. What about the Jags and Titans townspeople? Are The Colts the most hated their as well? 
    • Predict the AFC South's finishing records
      They were a pretty good team last year with lots of injuries and a revolving door of mediocre QB's.   I think Brock is pretty good and will play hard for them.    The defense is one of the best in the NFL.   Lamar Miller is a very good RB.  
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      When I first saw this thread, I thought I was late to the party, but then I saw that this thread has been going since 2012.   I'm still late to the party, but story of my life.  I joined in 2015, but have been a Colts fan since I was a kid.   My first Colts memory is getting a hat signed by Quentin Coryatt at training camp, and that same year almost going to the SB.   My favorite Colts memory is beating the Pats to get to the SB in 2006.   Favorite Colts:   1. Peyton Manning 2. Marvin Harrison 3. Reggie Wayne 4. Dallas Clark 5. Brandon Stokely   Needless to say, Peyton (#1) and everyone he threw the ball to (#2-5) won me many, many fantasy football games, and are my guys for eternity.   You might assume from my top 5 Colts that I am a "new-age" "fairweather" fan who only likes offense and points.  You are wrong.  I am grateful for the offensive Renaissance in Indy, but Defense is my passion.  My secret top 5 Colts: Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Cato June, Gary Brackett.   I want Henry Anderson to help lead a Defensive Renaissance in Indy.  Luck and TY are great, and I hope the OLine is outstanding, but the D is the Key.
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hey guys,   I have been posting for probably a year or so now.  I reside in Brazil, IN, which is about 20 minutes East of Terre Haute on I-70.  I'm 28 years old and have been a Colts fan since Harbaugh days, but really started following and rooting hard for them after they drafted Manning in 98.  I love our team and my family and I make sure we are ready to rock for every game.  We always have viewing parties at my father-in-laws or my house and are known to holler and scream at the TV!  Hope all is well with all of you, and GO COLTS!
  • Members

• will426

will426 400

• Myles

Myles 159

• BProland85

BProland85 818

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,674

• COLTS449

COLTS449 1,856

• SaturdayAllDay

SaturdayAllDay 116

• ColtsFanMikeC

ColtsFanMikeC 617

• akcolt

akcolt 1,544

• Restored

Restored 872

• Smonroe

Smonroe 5,913

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.