Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver at Chicago (8-9-12)

oldunclemark

Yes, probably. But I cannot see Jim Harbaugh and Peyton together. They both need control. I think Fox and McCoy are better fit for him. And 9ner ownership is sketchy; 9ner faithful is an oxymoron. Denver is a better football environment overall.

I really appreciated Peyton making a decision first, and not trying to start a bidding war. He could have easily done that or get more money elsewhere.

Agreed -- Jim Harbaugh and Peyton together = lots of head butting but a championship appeared imminent Guess Peyton thought it wasnt worth it

Guess Peyton just didnt want to bother with the lack of freedom and the more dictatorial approach

Wish he had Saturday though in front of him

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's avery good thought....because initually I blamed Thomas, too. QBs practice throwing the ball to the pylon..so it cant be interecpted and can only be caught by the recuiver...

But Denver receievers didnt know where the ball as going last year so they kept trying to get open.

I hope you are right about them learning to trust Peyton

THEY ALL SAY REPEATEDLY THEY CANT WAIT TO PLAY WITH HIM

& Thomas' problem is he wants to much to be # 1 receiver, he insists he is capable of it but sees Manning s connection with Decker as almost routine already, that may make him anxious, good or bad pending how he takes it

Cant find the link, sorry

Thanks bayone

Didn't realize it till now but Manning has a bunch of weapons. Totally forgot about Stokley and Dreesen prior to the game. Jason Hill too I watched him play for the Niners and he made plays when given the opportunity.

Thanks bayone

Didn't realize it till now but Manning has a bunch of weapons. Totally forgot about Stokley and Dreesen prior to the game. Jason Hill too I watched him play for the Niners and he made plays when given the opportunity.

In Practice yesterday i was told DT just couldn't get to pylon to catch ball on fade routes

Great question. This is what Jeff Legwold of Denver Post said about that last year. He does a far better job than I can.

http://www.denverpos...cos/ci_19300670

I have read after Peyton became a Bronco exactly what was said there , maybe was same author I dont know but I am taking the sentence

" Tebow's propensity to hold on to the ball, some of those holding calls have been a result of Clady's attempt to protect Tebow in the pocket. "

​& then I read in same article I am talking about, not your link that with Peytons quick release and not worrying where he may scurry around to that the # should decrease,

thanks for answering, have a good weekend

But its OK if Peyton can always get a 3rd down 19 yrd completion for a first every time after a hold, now wouldn't that be nice

Barry

There is greater strength in pass protection without lifting a weight.

The added power up front was ensured with the Broncos' switch in quarterbacks from Tim Tebow to Peyton Manning.

Tebow took 33 sacks while making 271 pass attempts last year. Manning in 2009 was sacked 10 times despite 571 pass attempts.

"The decision-making is so fast," said right guard Chris Kuper. "You block as long as you feel pressure. When the ball is gone, they start to turn around. When the ball is gone in two seconds, they're turning around."

The question for the Broncos' offensive linemen in 2012, though, is can they run the ball now that Manning is their pocket-passing quarterback and Tebow is off running with the New York Jets?

"You've probably heard we're not going to carry the ball as much this year," Kuper said. "I don't know if that's possible. But we're going to have a dual threat there. Guys are going to be scared of Peyton's arm, and there's a ton of things we can do."

The Broncos probably won't lead the league in rushing this season. But with Manning adding substantial more yardage through the air, they won't have to. In their preseason-opening rout of the Chicago Bears, the Broncos' top three backs — McGahee, Lance Ball and Knowshon Moreno — combined for 52 yards rushing and a touchdown on 3.3 yards per carry in the first half.

The tailback average run will improve if rookie Ronnie Hillman, who didn't play in Chicago because of a pulled hamstring, emerges into a big-play back as expected.

New focus, same foundation in Denver Broncos' offensive line - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz23LyLpQcq

TITLE It was only one drive, but Broncos' Manning looked like he never left

Sports Illustrated

Excerpts

Manning is back, folks. Defenses, be darned.

Regardless of the finish, Manning looked about as good as can be expected with such a long layoff and returning from such a serious injury. That is great news for Elway and the Broncos, who banked the franchise on the fact the 36-year-old would be able to not only play, but play something close to his Colts' form

That form would not only be that of an NFL Hall of Famer, but arguably the best-ever at the position.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/eric_mack/08/10/peyton-manning-broncos-debut-bears/index.html

TITLE It was only one drive, but Broncos' Manning looked like he never left

Sports Illustrated

Excerpts

Manning is back, folks. Defenses, be darned.

Regardless of the finish, Manning looked about as good as can be expected with such a long layoff and returning from such a serious injury. That is great news for Elway and the Broncos, who banked the franchise on the fact the 36-year-old would be able to not only play, but play something close to his Colts' form

That form would not only be that of an NFL Hall of Famer, but arguably the best-ever at the position.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/eric_mack/08/10/peyton-manning-broncos-debut-bears/index.html

Thanks for posting these, Barry! I was caught up in Andrew Luck debut excitement briefly and missed these.

Sounds like it may be a good idea to shift Orlando Franklin and Chris Kuper but they should do it now if they are serious.

Thanks for posting these, Barry! I was caught up in Andrew Luck debut excitement briefly and missed these.

Sounds like it may be a good idea to shift Orlando Franklin and Chris Kuper but they should do it now if they are serious.

Franklin as a guard would be good, as said would greatly help the interior ,and as aa gurad often helps the Center with blocking, having him & Kuper would really help that middle and better allow Peyton to step up or at least for runs would really work well opening holes

Problem as they say is who would play RT, Franklin himself isnt stellar but if I am correct is early in his carreer being drafted in 2011 so may get better their

Franklin as a guard would be good, as said would greatly help the interior ,and as aa gurad often helps the Center with blocking, having him & Kuper would really help that middle and better allow Peyton to step up or at least for runs would really work well opening holes

Problem as they say is who would play RT, Franklin himself isnt stellar but if I am correct is early in his carreer

Yeah, I heard Zane Beadles played some RT in college. Having never played football, I don't understand the finer points, but my football coach friend says it shouldn't be too hard to switch at this level. I would very much like the idea of protecting Peyton more and enhancing running game at the same time. We shall see.

Yeah, I heard Zane Beadles played some RT in college. Having never played football, I don't understand the finer points, but my football coach friend says it shouldn't be too hard to switch at this level. I would very much like the idea of protecting Peyton more and enhancing running game at the same time. We shall see.

From the original article \ not in order as presented in article but since u ponly say Beadles played RT in collewge maybe u missed these poitnts

http://broncotalk.ne...per/#more-40215

The move would put the Broncos’ strongest offensive linemen next to each other on the left side ( Meaning Clady & Kuper ) while giving Franklin a better chance to display his wicked mauling blocks on run plays,

while offering more leniency in pass protection.

( I am not sure what last statement means, is it giving up pass protection in favor of run blocking and is that only because they dont have a true RT or is it that Franklin a Weak Pass bllocker at guard but like that he is a mauler at guard on run plays, better running = better playfakes and balance etc )

Re Beadles the article states

-

Beadles, who filled in for Harris at right tackle during Beadles’ 2010 rookie season.

& also Still, Beadles has never quite looked the part at left guard, and Franklin had his struggles at right tackle.

-

Should one of these three right tackle candidates step up, don’t be surprised if the Broncos slide Franklin one spot over, putting Kuper next to Ryan Clady to help protect Peyton Manning‘s blind side.

And giving Kuper, who has always been on the cusp of Pro Bowl/All Pro accolades, a better chance in the OL spotlight to earn them.

early in training camp. Franklin was out nearly a week; his primary backup was Chris Clark, with former starting right tackle Ryan Harris also seeing some work with the first team during walkthroughs.

Clark looked the part more often than not, while Harris failed to impress in the camp practice I scouted him closely. Still, there are three preseason games left; either one could step up and take Franklin’s right tackle job with a couple of solid games.

Cant stay here to much longer

Returning to practice from injury were defensive tackle Justin Bannan, who has missed most of camp with a strained calf but is listed with the first string on the depth chart,

fullback Chris Gronkowski (groin) and cornerback Tracy Porter (hamstring). Another defensive tackle, Ty Warren, was absent from practice

( my 2 cents we need Porter & Warren both, Gronkowski not sure )

:Denver Broncos adjust practice time to avoid afternoon storms - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz23SAZ6V7C

But the fact remains that no amount of practice time or working out with his receivers will really replicate what it's like to be under center in a real game. In fact, ( PEYTON ) he may need to stay in these preseason games a bit longer than other starting signal-callers just to get his timing and rhythm back and re-acclimate himself to the speed of the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1295392-peyton-mannings-shaky-preseason-start-is-not-a-concern-for-denver-broncos?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=denver-broncos

It was only a few plays but I thought Manning looked kinda old & his arm kinda weak, Like I said it was only one series but I guess we will see his arm strenght or lack of soon enough.

At times, some say Decker was wide open so the sidline pass didnt need to be zipped, the 3rd & 17 where he got 19 yards across the middle was zipped

DT has not been on page with him except for a few practices and just cant seem to run to the pylon

Stockley says was his route running top blame, Peyton says he purposely put ball a bit behind or would of got creamed by incoming Safety or linebacker, not sure which,

Was surprised when got immediate turnover, was a great situation to put him back in at the 6 & goal to goal Yet they didnt though no other QB was in game yet , really was surprised, u cant practice those situations

Its rust and more game time the bewtter, better now than getting rid of rust in season, took 6 games when had kneww surgery / infection

The Chiefs' O-line looked real good in their game vs the Cardinals. I think they have a better shot of winning the division than the Chargers along with Denver, IMO.

http://www.sacbee.co...ne-pleased.html

They will run wild is my fear good line or not, unless the same injuries as before happen ,

their D got back Main personnel too back , Eric Berry was out after game 1 if I remember right last year

& Denvers Schedule is nightmarish , its hardest save for Giants, just gaze & this is what Peyton Comes back too

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

It was only a few plays but I thought Manning looked kinda old & his arm kinda weak, Like I said it was only one series but I guess we will see his arm strenght or lack of soon enough.

Peyton Manning looks sharp after Denver

If practice counts, ( my comment THATS THE BIG IF )

then Peyton Manning just had one of his best as a Bronco.

The 36-year-old quarterback was especially sharp during the team's training camp workout Monday morning. Manning hit Eric Decker perfectly in stride on a go route toward one end of the field — the ball travelled roughly 50 yards in the air with the receiver making a fingertip catch — and hit Decker again on a deep post route toward the other end zone, this time with Champ Bailey in close proximity.Bailey shouted his disgust

also had a 30-yard or so completion down the left sideline to Demaryius Thomas,

and threw touchdown passes on three consecutive goal-to-go passes from the 9.

:Peyton Manning looks sharp after Denver Broncos adjust practice time - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz23SpYZgcT

Demaryius Thomas making red-zone impact with Broncos, Peyton Manning

Monday he flashed some potential for impact in a red-zone drill.

Peyton Manning hit Thomas on back-to-back plays, once in single coverage against 11-time Pro Bowl selection Champ Bailey and once when it appeared safety Rahim Moore was slow to locate Thomas in traffic

:Demaryius Thomas making red-zone impact with Broncos, Peyton Manning - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz23SqsdTJ8