Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Camping @ Springs Valley Campground for Colts Training Camp

Jeffro1947

I'm trying to find members of my old Colts group and maybe some new Colts Friends to Camp out with us at Springs Valley Campgrounds for Colts Training Camp in Anderson. I know all of the Training Camp Schedule is not out yet, but I'm gonna assume, and you know what they say about assuming, I think we're getting a cabin Aug. 3-4, a Fri and Sat.

Jeffro

I'm trying to find members of my old Colts group and maybe some new Colts Friends to Camp out with us at Springs Valley Campgrounds for Colts Training Camp in Anderson. I know all of the Training Camp Schedule is not out yet, but I'm gonna assume, and you know what they say about assuming, I think we're getting a cabin Aug. 3-4, a Fri and Sat.

How awesome is that?! If I were "back home in Indiana" I would definitely be up for something like that. Ehhhh.

Hi Chaz and Jayman, do you guys know the exact days of training camp yet? I want to get a cabin Aug 3-4 but I need to make sure they will be there, I'm pretty sure they will be because the first preseason game is Aug. 12. I sure hope you guys can make it the 3-4th!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I would rather not have to worry about drafting a backup QB too early especially with the talent in the upcoming 2025 NFL draft.  Rather wait and draft our QB3 in Rounds 5 or later.  Who knows maybe we hit on an UDFA and get a Mr. Irrelevant capable QB like the 49er's.  
    • Morning bud just finished updating a posting in Colts Football board about this same topic of debate more about the Ehlinger future role.  This season will tell if AR can remain healthy all season.  How much Flacco has left to play.  Ehlinger's trust to start given his somewhat demotion during Covid-tenure and the Club looking to bring back a retired QB in Phillips to start, believe against the Raiders.  Next man up for the Colts behind AR wouldn't mind going on record would have to be Mac Jones, now with the Jaguars.  Jones is young and serviceable much like what Flacco and Minshew have done. 
    • Let's all make it through this season first.    After that I wouldn't mind going after Mac Jones as our #2 backup behind AR.  Do realize Jones was traded to the Jaguars but currently listed as a 2024 free agent.  Jones' 2020 season still is the highest-graded season by a FBS QB in PFF College era since 2014 and still leads all QBs with an impressive 95.8 grade.  Zach Wilson also in 2020 had a 95.4 grade, Joe Burrow in 2019 had a 94.9 grade, Jayden Daniels in 2023 had a 94.7 grade, and Kyler Murray in 2018 had a 94.6 grade.     Still a lot of hope around AR and yet still a lot of uncertainty given his short college career.  Very similar to Caleb Williams.  More worrisome about injury projections.  Flacco should be good for one season.  Unfortunately for the Colts signing Flacco we lost out of any 2025 NFL Draft compensatory picks losing Gardner Minshew.  My top upcoming NFL draft replacements for Flacco, after Mac Jones, would be Jalen Milroe (Alabama) and Jaxson Dart (Mississippi).  A lot to like about both.  Milroe is a dual threat QB and Dart elevated his play in Lane Kiffin's RPO/play-action-heavy offense.  Dart's already breaking Eli Manning's college records.  Dart's great at working outside of the pocket and clearly needs to get better staying in the pocket.   As for Ehlingher's replacements can see the Colts look at Coastal Carolina's Grayson McCall another mobile pocket passer with quick release speed or K.J. Jefferson (Arkansas) another dual threat QB.
    • I don’t see any reason to do what the Colts have done most years.   Have an established veteran behind the young starter.    What’s the point in using a high draft pick on a quarterback?   If he has to play for whatever reason, he’s not ready to give you quality performance.  Just the way our 4th round QB wasn’t when he was pressed into play.   Just the way Sam wasn’t ready when he was forced to play.   I think the Colts stick with guys like Minshew and now Flacco.   It’s safer all the way around.   
    • Do believe that next year's draft will have some really great defensive rushers.  My top pick right now in Round 1 would probably have to be NT/IDL Deone Walker (Kentucky).     In 2022 as a true freshman Walker finished 3rd among SEC IDL with an 80.9 pass-rushing grade.  Standing 6’6” 330 pounds he is a behemoth of a young man.  In 2022, at the age 19 he was able to easily beat/hold his own against RG O’Cyrus Torrence.  In 2023 he earned college football midseason all-America Honorable Mention.  In 2023 led all FBS IDL in pressures (51) and led the Wildcats in TFLs (12.5) and sacks (7.5) despite being routinely double-teamed. Deone can truly impact the game on all 3-downs.  According to PFF, he had an 81.7 run-defense grade in 2023.  Made 2022 college football all-America Freshman Team.  I could see him push Grover Stewart as the stater/and-or his future replacement and already an equal to an upgraded version of Stewart.  Can only imagine how nasty our defensive line would be wreaking havoc on opposing teams.    Guess while we are already on a roll looking ahead to replace some of our best players to put on a Colt's uniform, Kenny Moore's replacement might come from Sebastian Castro (Iowa).  Know it's way too early to be dreaming about the 2025 NFL draft but if Castro plays like he has been and lasts until our pick in Round 2 than would love to add him.  Like to see Castro remain in the slot but is a bit slow much like Cooper DeJean but proven.  Could see a move to FS as a possibility but will see what DeJean does this year.  Might foretell what Castro's ceiling will look like.  
  • Members

• Zoltan

Zoltan 3,250

• Hooch

Hooch 3

Rookie
    • OhioColt

OhioColt 435

• TheUnshuffler

TheUnshuffler 46

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 206