Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IMO this team is in much worse shape than what is being spun by management or believed by fans.....

ColtAndOrioles

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Jim was a horrible GM. I have also said, and  am being serious. I doubt that I would have done any worse than Ballard if I was given the reigns. He's below 500. I could have probably used a dart board when it came to drafting,free agency, coaching moves, and probably wouldn't have done any worse. I think people look past this and want to forget about  it but his hiring of McDaniels. It may have been a red flag that we wanted to look past. We all jumped on McDaniels but maybe there were things that scared McDaniels bout Ballard. U also forget that Bellichek, so it was reported, met with Josh and managed to sway him. We don't know what happened but Bellichek knows his stuff no matter what u think about him. Maybe Bill wasn't in awe of Ballard and warned Josh.

The fact that you sincerely believe this is why you’re not taken seriously. 

Irsay was smart enough to hire Polian and Grigson and Ballard is a good batting average on hiring good GMs.   The colts were one of the top-4 winningest franchises for a span of roughly 20 years.   That doesn’t happen by accident. 

There isn’t a single GM in the history of the NFL that you’d do a better job than them.   Whoever is the worst GM in NFL history (your choice) would do far better than you.  By the way, that person would do better than me and everyone else here too.   You seriously need to get that thought out of your mind. 

Sorry. 

44 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Jim was a horrible GM. I have also said, and  am being serious. I doubt that I would have done any worse than Ballard if I was given the reigns. He's below 500. I could have probably used a dart board when it came to drafting,free agency, coaching moves, and probably wouldn't have done any worse. I think people look past this and want to forget about  it but his hiring of McDaniels. It may have been a red flag that we wanted to look past. We all jumped on McDaniels but maybe there were things that scared McDaniels bout Ballard. U also forget that Bellichek, so it was reported, met with Josh and managed to sway him. We don't know what happened but Bellichek knows his stuff no matter what u think about him. Maybe Bill wasn't in awe of Ballard and warned Josh.

Interesting take all around. 

Regarding Belichick, I highly doubt it had anything to do with Ballard and more about the fact that he was set to lose his defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator and special teams coordinator all within a few weeks in the offseason... I'm pretty confident when I say that they locked McDaniels in a room knowing full well his wife didn't want to leave Boston at the time (report that she was uncomfortable with Irsay), and sat there until they had an agreement for him to stay. He was given more responsibilities so he could continue prepping more for a head coach. Those are all things were reported, so I'm not just pulling stuff out of thin air like you did throughout the entire post.

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Interesting take all around. 

Regarding Belichick, I highly doubt it had anything to do with Ballard and more about the fact that he was set to lose his defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator and special teams coordinator all within a few weeks in the offseason... I'm pretty confident when I say that they locked McDaniels in a room knowing full well his wife didn't want to leave Boston at the time (report that she was uncomfortable with Irsay), and sat there until they had an agreement for him to stay. He was given more responsibilities so he could continue prepping more for a head coach. Those are all things were reported, so I'm not just pulling stuff out of thin air like you did throughout the entire post.

So u believe that Irsay took an hour long dump in the toilet and because of this. Josh's wife told him not to take  the job, lol? That's one of the stories out there. All kinds of rumours out there and who knows what to beleive.  What i said could be total crap but so could the rumours  bout Irsay. No pun intended, lol. 

Despite the Colts having a record of 3-3, I can't be the only one who feels like this team should be 1-5 at best. Other than Stroud/Lawrence they haven't played a team with a top-tier QB all season. I'm not saying Stroud/Lawrence are top-tier, but they're the best two QBs the Colts have faced so far, and this week they landed another lucky break with Tua being out and being handed, Tyler Huntley.

They have a stretch of games coming up against Stroud, Darnold, Rodgers, Allen, and Goff. We'll be able to determine a lot about this team within the span of those games being played.

But Chris Ballard/Gus Bradley should've been fired along with Frank Reich. The amount of excuses and coaches being fired under Ballard's tenure is comical at this point. What the hell is Jim Irsay doing with this team? He needs to either step down if he can't decide to move on from Chris Ballard and hire someone more competent.

• Like 1