Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #3 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will admit, maybe I was wrong about Sam. He has been outstanding through 3 games.

Yeah, one has to wonder, like Ryan Tannehill had a resurgence after getting out of Adam Gase confines, if Sam Darnold was another of the “Adam Gase ineptitude” recipients on the field.

The consistency will tell us all if this is Fool’s Gold or one of those years Case Keenum had with the Vikings all the way to the NFCCG.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Desaun Watson signed for a 5 year deal for 230 million with a no trade included. This might be the worst deal for a QB in the history of the NFL.

The only deal that is even in the same stratosphere of bad is the Wilson trade. 

Wilson's deal was so terrible that Denver is paying the Steelers to have him ride the bench LOL!

But I still think the Watson deal is by far the worst. 

At least in Denver they've been able to move on and might actually have something in Bo Nix. 

Cleveland fans have absolutely nothing to look forward to as of now. It sucks for those fans. 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@2006Coltsbestever  I know you thought the Vikings were a bad team. I think we have scored the second most points (85) and our defense has given up the fewest points (30) in the NFL. Not bad for a mediocre team. :)

Let's see how we play the Packers next week.

Sam Darnold leading the Vikings to a Super Bowl would be the coolest thing to happen this season. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The only deal that is even in the same stratosphere of bad is the Wilson trade. 

Wilson's deal was so terrible that Denver is paying the Steelers to have him ride the bench LOL!

But I still think the Watson deal is by far the worst. 

At least in Denver they've been able to move on and might actually have something in Bo Nix. 

Cleveland fans have absolutely nothing to look forward to as of now. It sucks for those fans. 

This is why the salaries now are ridiculous, 

12 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Not only that, the falcons should have kicked a FG on their previous redzone instead of going for it on 4th down. Had they made it they could have just kicked a FG right then for the win…sometimes coaches make such stupid decisions.

This was the dumbest darn thing I’ve seen since the last time frank did something similar. I was just telling a lapsed fan yesterday that coaches have gone completely off the rails with trying to be the smartest guys in the building trying to make decisions like that. Absolutely ridiculous. I have 0 sympathy for the missed DPI call because they didn’t take the points instead of the 4th and 5. None whatsoever.

They #ed around, they found out. Oh well. 

I hope they lose every game the rest of the season. That kind of sideline decision making needs to be punished. Severely. I’m getting sick of watching a bunch of stupid football because these coaches fancy themselves smart and are trying to play “4D chess” instead of the game as it is. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Absolutely, which is why he needs to play. Anyone can go out and run a passing drill with perfect mechanics. What really matters is what you do when the action is live.   I hope they're coaching him consistently on this, because every one of his overthrows is due to him rushing and whipping a sloppy pass from a funky arm angle. And several of them happen when he has plenty of time to get his feet set and make a routine throw.   What I said a few weeks ago, and I believe even more now, is that he's still adjusting to the speed of the game. When he sees a receiver pop open, sometimes he's late, or surprised, and reacts quickly to hit the receiver. When he starts seeing this more effectively, he'll anticipate these throws, and be more settled, and his mechanics will be more consistent. Then the overthrows will calm down. But in the meantime, he needs to be coached to just slow it down, he has to respect the process of making a good throw. 
    • Maybe the team needs to start looking at AR's completion percentages in buckets.  For instance:   1) High-percentage -- this rate needs to be more than 90%.  Has plenty of time, receiver is open, route is properly run, the throw is either behind the LoS or no more than say 10 yards downfield.   2) Mid-percentage -- some of the above characteristics aren't met.  May be flushed out of the pocket.  Pass is defended, tighter window, longer distance (10-20 yards).  Completion rate should be 55-65%?  I don't know...spitballing.   3) Low-percentage -- Deep routes, tight windows and/or coverage. thrown under pressure, thrown off balance, etc.  And these are going to have completion percentages more like 25-30%.     AR doesn't have to be Mahomes or Stroud.  All QBs are different.  And he has a different set of skills than they do.  What he needs to be is sufficiently competent at the things that all NFL QBs have to be competent at.   If he can just take care of that (and that's still an outstanding question, obviously), then the rest will take care of itself.
    • I had no idea of all the things he had to do outside the confines of what the Bills provided.   Thanks for this perspective!!! It will be interesting to see how the Colts approach AR during the season and the off season.    David Sutcliffe was a key part of Peyton Manning getting his throwing motion back after his 2011 season before he went to the Broncos. Tom House, a great throwing coach, worked with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees etc. Recently, Jordan Palmer with Josh Allen.   The Colts should choose the right one that works to get AR to the next level.
    • And he did it during the offseason, which AR lost because of injury. You can't work on this at this frequency and effectiveness during the season. Perspective   IIRC AR already said he's been in contact with Allen about this, but he needs an offseason to actually work at it.
    • Doesnt mean Bradley is suddenly good still gonna get smoked by Pittsburgh.
  • Members

• inDYnasty

inDYnasty 0

Rookie
    • shasta519

shasta519 5,510

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 1,179

• azcolt

azcolt 277

• basspapaw

basspapaw 6