Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking Taylor off the field

DalTXColtsFan

Not trying to over simplify but it is pretty simple. SS calls plays that he believes will work against a certain defense and he has confidence his players will execute that play. The results right now are that his players are NOT capable of executing those plays on a consistent basis enough to win games. The only question moving forward is, do we have good enough players to start to execute more consistently or not and is SS making it as easy as possible for players to be consistent. It's not just a talent thing. It's a attitude and smart thing and then the level of talent. Most of the time, the best players are the smartest players with the right attitude. How talented they are is a bonus. My point, i question our teams attitude and football intelligence as much as I question their talent. Ex.....Stopping the run is as much attitude as it is talent. A big part of why JT is JT, is because of his intellegence.

The problem with this argument is that the defense was actually forcing punts in the second half and we had no business going into to full pass mode to begin with. That's poor coaching and they could NOT stop JT. SS made it easy to defend  us as soon as he pulled JT off the feild and I would argue he put AR at more risk. The fact is that if JT is on the feild, it slows down the pass rush.

58 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

The problem with this argument is that the defense was actually forcing punts in the second half and we had no business going into to full pass mode to begin with. That's poor coaching and they could NOT stop JT. SS made it easy to defend  us as soon as he pulled JT off the feild and I would argue he put AR at more risk. The fact is that if JT is on the feild, it slows down the pass rush.

He is a younger version of Reich...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now