Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RD1: Newton DT or Murphy II. DT

RD2: Cooper OLB or Beebe OG

RD3: Trice DE or Zinter OG

RD4: Hart CB or Sinnott TE

BPA...WR, CB, DEFENSE

As for April 8th...

I'll see you on the dark side of the shoe... (Pink Floyd I believe) 

4 hours ago, FalseStart said:

RD1: Newton DT or Murphy II. DT

RD2: Cooper OLB or Beebe OG

RD3: Trice DE or Zinter OG

RD4: Hart CB or Sinnott TE

BPA...WR, CB, DEFENSE

As for April 8th...

I'll see you on the dark side of the shoe... (Pink Floyd I believe) 

First off

Thanks for sharing...... These are always fun to read

With a rapidly aging DT room, there is a very decent chance that Ballard picks a DT (3Tech) in round 1

I tend to think he may take the best DE or WR, but Newton has played every spot on the DL, and could be a DE

on early downs and move inside on passing downs 

If it were me, I would take the BPA at WR in round 2

(There are 4-5 that might be available)

A guard in round 3 is a real possibility as we need to keep adding to the room due to injuries and needed competition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me if the Colts aren’t going to take Bowers, they shouldn’t draft any TEs. We’ve actually got too many as is. So I’d pass on Sinnot in round 4. Also you won’t be able to get Cam Hart in round 4.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

First off

Thanks for sharing...... These are always fun to read

With a rapidly aging DT room, there is a very decent chance that Ballard picks a DT (3Tech) in round 1

I tend to think he may take the best DE or WR, but Newton has played every spot on the DL, and could be a DE

on early downs and move inside on passing downs 

If it were me, I would take the BPA at WR in round 2

(There are 4-5 that might be available)

A guard in round 3 is a real possibility as we need to keep adding to the room due to injuries and needed competition

There was a time early in Luck’s QB tenure that Oline help should have been made a priority…. With the talent on defense this year, and considering the needs other teams have, it’s a great opportunity to grab some BPA type talent at positions that might have gone earlier than expected. We have enough TE… give the WR room another year… sure up D and O line. Add depth at CB, OLB, RB, etc. 2 cents…

3 hours ago, FalseStart said:

There was a time early in Luck’s QB tenure that Oline help should have been made a priority…. With the talent on defense this year, and considering the needs other teams have, it’s a great opportunity to grab some BPA type talent at positions that might have gone earlier than expected. We have enough TE… give the WR room another year… sure up D and O line. Add depth at CB, OLB, RB, etc. 2 cents…

I don’t much enjoy defending Grigson, but he did do what you’re suggesting he didn’t.   

2013, he signed FACkjneman Zgisdar Cherilus at RT and Samson at Center.  Then in the draft he took a big guard to play LG and Holmes, a center from USC.  So he acquired four OL to protect Luck.  Grigson used to talk about having a nite in his desk saying Rule #1: Protect Andrew Luck.   Rule #2: see Rule #1.    

So Grigson tried.  He did.   He just didn’t do a very good job of protecting AL. 

• Like 1