Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caitlin Clark selected #1 by Fever/ Fever 2024 Season Thread **Updated title**

The announced attendance for tonight’s Sparks-Fever game at Crypto Arena is 19,103. That’s a sell out and a Sparks record. Capacity for Lakers home games is 18,997. Incredible.

– via Twitter ArashMarkazi

• Like 1

Lost tonight to go to 1-7, they are competing every night now though. Getting ready to look and see what game I want to go check out.

Screenshot_20240528-211614.png.fd21d1a977e4beb6f3c5b1119ea601d8.png

Caitlin went for 30.

Still struggling with 3pt shooting percentage and turnovers. 7 this game.

I think the Fever need to talk Wheeler into the 6th Woman role. Let Clark and Boston cook with the 1's and Wheeler free reigns when Clark goes out. Although Clark only sat out 6 minutes tonight.

Getting better everytime out. Remember they still have less than 2 months experience playing together. Adjustments are needed.

• Like 1

It is amazing how every player she goes against has a vengeance toward her. How these jealous WNBA stars talk crap about her. They just want to shut her down like their life depends on it. She had 30 last night, it is going to get a point where nobody will be able to stop her once she gets used to the physicality of the Pro game. Michael Jordan was the same way, it took him 3 years to start to dominate. She will hit the WT room in the off season, then she will average at least 25 points a game IMO. As the team gets better, opposing players won't be able to key on just her either. She needs a Pippen like Michael had. It will happen eventually, I think in 5 years, the Fever will win it all. Book it!

• Like 1

Indiana sports leading our teams:

Tyrese Haliburton - NBA Basketball (Pacers)

Anthony Richardson - NFL Football (Colts)

Caitlin Clark - WNBA (Fever)

This sports town/city of Indianapolis is going enjoy a decade of winning. Pacers just went to a Final 4. That is a start.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This sports town/city of Indianapolis is going enjoy a decade of winning. Pacers just went to a Final 4. That is a start.

This is a healthy dose of optimism and I am all here for it!  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 1:00 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty cool freakin’ list if you ask me :thmup:

• Thanks 1

Caitlin Clark scored 30 Points, had 8 Rebounds and 6 Assists last night in a Fever win. She also was 7-13 from 3. Fever got their 3rd win of the season, which was nice to see, hopefully they continue to improve. Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness. These other WNBA women taking cheap shots on her and being jealous won't last long as she gets better. In the offseason my #1 priority for the Fever is to draft the biggest Brute of a lady out there to play Center. I guarantee you if that happens, a dirty play like Carter pulled will never happen again. Reese applauding what Carter did, shows her true colors, I can't stand her.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Caitlin Clark scored 30 Points, had 8 Rebounds and 6 Assists last night in a Fever win. She also was 7-13 from 3. Fever got their 3rd win of the season, which was nice to see, hopefully they continue to improve. Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness. These other WNBA women taking cheap shots on her and being jealous won't last long as she gets better. In the offseason my #1 priority for the Fever is to draft the biggest Brute of a lady out there to play Center. I guarantee you if that happens, a dirty play like Carter pulled will never happen again. 

It's looking like they may have a high draft pick to do that.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Myles said:

I hope so because I was ok with the Fever being bad again this season so they can draft in the top 5 to improve the team and put pieces around Clark. Boston is a pretty good player, but they need at least 2 more good players to be a threat to win any big games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2024 at 12:20 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Caitlin Clark scored 30 Points, had 8 Rebounds and 6 Assists last night in a Fever win. She also was 7-13 from 3. Fever got their 3rd win of the season, which was nice to see, hopefully they continue to improve. Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness. These other WNBA women taking cheap shots on her and being jealous won't last long as she gets better. In the offseason my #1 priority for the Fever is to draft the biggest Brute of a lady out there to play Center. I guarantee you if that happens, a dirty play like Carter pulled will never happen again. Reese applauding what Carter did, shows her true colors, I can't stand her.

Reese followed it up with a Flagrant 1 foul on Clark’s head. Clark is living rent free in Reece’s head. Reece needs to figure out if she wants to go the Bad Boys Piston route and fizzle or take the Shaq LSU route to become a perennial double double player in the WNBA. 

Right now, she’s just focused on being a bad girl in Caitlin Clark’s chapter instead of forging her own path. Having a teammate like Charlotte is actually detrimental to her, doesn’t do much for her game, choosing wrong styles over substance at this point.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 12:25 PM, Myles said:

They are in the playoffs at the moment. 5-5 in last 10 games.

Saying that, there are only 12 teams, so everyone gets a high pick.

I think the Fever will continue to improve and turn this season around and be a force come the end of the year.

Clark and Boston's chemistry has been building quickly.

• Like 1

They better start protecting Clark a little more, instead of trying to initiate her into the W, or whatever they want to call it.

https://awfulannouncing.com/wnba/celebrating-record-growth-historic-season-clark-reese.html

"From attendance to social media interaction to streaming to television viewership, the WNBA is on a meteoric rise.

Every game Indiana has played on national television so far this season has drawn high viewership. As far as attendance goes, the Fever is shattering franchise records left and right — surpassing last season’s total attendance (in 20 games) just five home games into the regular season. Sellouts at Gainbridge Fieldhouse have become the norm and Indiana has set the bar for average season attendance so far this season with 16,683 fans per game."

To surpass the total attendance from 20 games last year in 5 this year, is crazy.

That's just the local level. This article goes into numbers across the board. Worth a look at

"WNBA merchandise sales have increased a whopping 236 percent, with Clark, Reese, and Brink ranking in the top five for jersey sales during the first week of the season.

The WNBA App’s monthly active users are up 613 percent and League Pass subscriptions more than tripled in the first two weeks of the season with the highest average minutes watched in league history.

Throughout the league, WNBA arenas filled to a 94 percent capacity, up 17 percent from last year."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, w87r said:

They are in the playoffs at the moment. 5-5 in last 10 games.

Saying that, there are only 12 teams, so everyone gets a high pick.

I think the Fever will continue to improve and turn this season around and be a force come the end of the year.

Clark and Boston's chemistry has been building quickly.

Boston has game (good rebounder/good scorer) and Clark tore the Sky up the other day with a near TDB = 23/9/8! Give the Fever 2 more years and they will be almost impossible to beat if they draft right. Reese is going to be her own demise with her dirty play, that clothesline on Clark was classless. Clark is living rent free in that girl's head. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston has game (good rebounder/good scorer) and Clark tore the Sky up the other day with a near TDB = 23/9/8! Give the Fever 2 more years and they will be almost impossible to beat if they draft right. Reese is going to be her own demise with her dirty play, that clothesline on Clark was classless. Clark is living rent free in that girl's head. 

They’re starting to work together now, it takes time and unfortunately for the women the draft happens and then they immediately turn around the season starts. Luckily for us they are starting to gel at the right time.  

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to say the Fever can make the playoffs this year and maybe even surprise someone. 

• Like 1

Won 3 in a row, 4 of 5, 6 of 11(after 0-5 start)

Playing good ball, we are a problem now. 6-10 and in the last playoff spot.

Upcoming schedule: (5 game road trip)

@ Dream (6-7; 7th seed)

@ Sky (4-9; 9th seed)

@ Storm (9-5; 4th seed)

@ Mercury (8-7; 5th seed)

@ Aces (6-6; 6th seed)

All right in front of us.

Boston, Clark and Mitchell is quite the 3 head monster.

https://youtu.be/TPjYvf4T1ts?si=Z4E21-Sz531DEq6r

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to Caitlin Clark selected #1 by Fever/ Fever 2024 Season Thread **Updated title**
4 hours ago, w87r said:

Won 3 in a row, 4 of 5, 6 of 11(after 0-5 start)

Playing good ball, we are a problem now. 6-10 and in the last playoff spot.

Upcoming schedule: (5 game road trip)

@ Dream (6-7; 7th seed)

@ Sky (4-9; 9th seed)

@ Storm (9-5; 4th seed)

@ Mercury (8-7; 5th seed)

@ Aces (6-6; 6th seed)

All right in front of us.

Boston, Clark and Mitchell is quite the 3 head monster.

https://youtu.be/TPjYvf4T1ts?si=Z4E21-Sz531DEq6r

Clark had 12 Rebounds tonight. She did score 18 but what makes her special is she can Rebound and Assist with the best of them besides score.

I would love to be their radio play by play guy for the next 15 years with Clark here. That would be a fun/nice laid back job because the WNBA isn’t the NBA so i wouldn't be magnified. I wouldn't even be nervous. I would do it for 60000 a year which is reasonable. 

I would still have to watch what I say because Angel Reese is a dirty player. Saying that is ok. I would try to be like Mark Boyle, although Lamey is the GOAT. 

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

4 straight wins and now 7-10. Lookout, WNBA! 

There are 3 teams that are really stack = Sun, Liberty, and Lynx. We are still a year or 2 away to be able to contend or win it all. Fever need 1 more dynamic player or a big brute in the middle that can play rough and defend lol. Fever will make the playoffs this year, but it will be like Clark playing against South Carolina when the Fever have to play the 3 above teams I just named. They just have too much, give it a year or 2 though, we are coming :thmup:

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

4 straight wins and now 7-10. Lookout, WNBA! 

If we make a top 6 seed, I will be pretty impressed. That is a heck of a improvement compared to last season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are 3 teams that are really stack = Sun, Liberty, and Lynx. We are still a year or 2 away to be able to contend or win it all. Fever need 1 more dynamic player or a big brute in the middle that can play rough and defend lol. Fever will make the playoffs this year, but it will be like Clark playing against South Carolina when the Fever have to play the 3 above teams I just named. They just have too much, give it a year or 2 though, we are coming :thmup:

If we make a top 6 seed, I will be pretty impressed. That is a heck of an improvement compared to last season. 

I agree they still need at least one more contributor.