Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The whole division stinks except for the Brewers and Cards. Cubs have played like doo doo and are only 1 game out of 3rd place lmao .

Cardinals have won allot of close games.  That could flip and they will be back at the bottom of the division.  

On 6/28/2024 at 2:54 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember when @HOZERand at @PuntersArePeopleTootoo gave me grief when I was hesitant about the Counsell hire, now you guys know why. 

Hey Brother, I didn’t give you grief, I was NOT excited about the hire one bit, and now we are seeing why. It’s like he was brought in to sabotage the team, totally unacceptable. I have been too busy with move to Texas and new job to watch all the games but have been tracking and catching what I can….disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Hey Brother, I didn’t give you grief, I was NOT excited about the hire one bit, and now we are seeing why. It’s like he was brought in to sabotage the team, totally unacceptable. I have been too busy with move to Texas and new job to watch all the games but have been tracking and catching what I can….disgusting.

Glad to hear from you again, hope everything is well. Yeah, this has been disappointing as heck. I expected the Cubs to at least make the playoffs. There is a long way to go but as of now, I don't see, especially if they sell. Counsell has been terrible.

• Thanks 1

Baseball is such a long season, so I know better than anyone to just give up on my team before mid-July. Here we are mid-July and the Cubs have won 4 in a row but now go to St. Louis for a 4-game set. I don't expect a sweep (that is asking way too much) but if we can get 3 out of 4 then we need to stay the course. We are currently a half game out of 3rd place behind the Pirates in the Central and 4 games behind the Cards for a WC spot. If the Cards tear us a new one like win all 4 or even 3 of 4, it's over then IMO. We need 3 of these to prove keeping this team together is worth it. 

• Like 1

Reds have been winning lately, but so has literally everyone else in the division and the league. So while they’re almost back to .500, they haven’t made any progress for a wildcard spot and are still basically tied for last place. 

At least they’ve been fun to watch for a couple days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Reds have been winning lately, but so has literally everyone else in the division and the league. So while they’re almost back to .500, they haven’t made any progress for a wildcard spot and are still basically tied for last place. 

At least they’ve been fun to watch for a couple days. 

Cubs just won their 5th in row, the Professor looked great for a change. Big win over the Cards. I am not sure what has lit a fire with this team but I hope we can keep it going. It's jumbled up again between the Cubs, Reds, Pirates. Cubs and Reds are at 46-49, Pirates 46-48.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs just won their 5th in row, the Professor looked great for a change. Big win over the Cards. I am not sure what has lit a fire with this team but I hope we can keep it going. It's jumbled up again between the Cubs, Reds, Pirates. Cubs and Reds are at 46-49, Pirates 46-48.

It was great to see the Professor back at it, made a deep run too. Really hope the team has had enough with losing and are going to turn the season around. Backing my team either way, GoCubsGo!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad to hear from you again, hope everything is well. Yeah, this has been disappointing as heck. I expected the Cubs to at least make the playoffs. There is a long way to go but as of now, I don't see, especially if they sell. Counsell has been terrible.

Everything is good, moving cross country sucks. Have moved twice actually from Indiana to rental in TX, and just recently to newly purchased home. Don’t want to do this ever again!!!! New job is going great,  now to find some Colts fans down here in the land of Cowboys/Texans fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Everything is good, moving cross country sucks. Have moved twice actually from Indiana to rental in TX, and just recently to newly purchased home. Don’t want to do this ever again!!!! New job is going great,  now to find some Colts fans down here in the land of Cowboys/Texans fans.

Glad the job is going great :thmup:. Finding Colts fans there may be impossible. I can picture everyone loving the Cowboys there and liking the Texans because of Stroud. I hope somehow, we can win the division so maybe some people will jump on our bandwagon. I can't see myself ever leaving Indianapolis. I was born and raised here and at 53, I am too old for a big move lol. Unless a certain lady sweeps me off my feet, then I could move to NY or someplace like that chuckling homer simpson GIF.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cards/Cubs split the series.  I'll take it.

I figured it out, when I don't watch the Cubs, we win. When we fell to 41-49, I quit watching out of disappointment. The Cubs won 5 in a row, and I didn't watch any of the games, just seen the scores. I watched the double header yesterday and we lost both. I didn't watch a single pitch today and just looked at the score and we won 8-3. chuckling homer simpson GIF

Cubs really needed to win 3-1 because we gained 0 ground on the Cards!, but 2-2 may keep them from selling. 47-51 isn't what I expected so far, but the Reds are 47-50 and Pirates 47-48. So, it is still bunched up. 

On a sidenote: we should have won the 2nd game of that double header, once again Counsell screwed it up over thinking things. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I

On a sidenote: we should have won the 2nd game of that double header, once again Counsell screwed it up over thinking things. 

i think saying the Cubs should have won the game is too much.  They could have won but the Cardinals had something to say about that.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

i think saying the Cubs should have won the game is too much.  They could have won but the Cardinals had something to say about that.

Cubs lead the whole game and was up 4-3 in the 8th. Leave it to us blowing another lead. Counsell is worse than Ross lmao 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lead the whole game and was up 4-3 in the 8th. Leave it to us blowing another lead. Counsell is worse than Ross lmao 

Cardinals are down the whole game and were down 3-4 in the 8th.  Multiple all star Nolan Arenado hits a ball to take the lead.  As much as the Cubs have to give it away, the Cardinals have to take it.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cardinals are down the whole game and were down 3-4 in the 8th.  Multiple all star Nolan Arenado hits a ball to take the lead.  As much as the Cubs have to give it away, the Cardinals have to take it.  

Fair point but my train of thought is always, if you are up with 6 outs to get, you should win. Good teams know how to close, that is why as of now, I don't think the Cubs are good. On paper, Cubs have the best team in the Division or it's even with the Brewers, Cubs are simply underachieving badly and IMO it is all on the Manager. Cubs have blown at least 7 or 8 games when they have had leads going to the 8th, that is losing Baseball.

• Like 1