Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC released Darius Rush (Merge)

Patrick Miller

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

I’m with you on that fact they need to get those lumps, but they can still learn more from the help of a Vet. 

IMO, They learn more by a lot of playing time and good coaching. You maybe right but at the same time. This is a new young team players/coaches and I feel this is a more evaluation year than any year we have had in the past.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EasyE said:

IMO, They learn more by a lot of playing time and good coaching. You maybe right but at the same time. This is a new young team players/coaches and I feel this is a more evaluation year than any year we have had in the past.

Correct this is an evaluation year. GM included 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Correct this is an evaluation year. GM included 

I'm not a huge Ballard fan. But I think he is safe even after this year. Who else is out there going to be better than Ballard?

Outside of JT and now maybe AR. He hasn't drafted a single true difference maker at the skill positions. They're all athletic freaks that he hopes to develop.

Leonard, Nelson all-pros

Franklin and Grover not all-pros but have been extremely solid.

The problem is the best players are at the wrong position. (except maybe AR)

Again who is out there better than Ballard right now?

I don't want a rookie GM on top of all the rookie players and coaches. JMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I'm not a huge Ballard fan. But I think he is safe even after this year. Who else is out there going to be better than Ballard?

Outside of JT and now maybe AR. He hasn't drafted a single true difference maker at the skill positions. They're all athletic freaks that he hopes to develop.

Leonard, Nelson all-pros

Plus my apologizes. Out of point of thread..

3 hours ago, EasyE said:

Leonard, Nelson all-pros

I wouldn’t say they’re at the wrong positions, I’d say that the Colts have simply failed to ALSO get studs at the RIGHT positions. 

Though, for the record, as you acknowledge, as much as I currently am down on him, JT is / was one of the right positions. JT’s greed has undermined that, though.  And so many of the WRs have so far been misses too, unfortunately.  

Hopefully Downs will be a hit, though, and next year a true WR stud can be had.  And hopefully the DE’s will finally develop.  And maybe hit on a CB next year, too. 

The thing is, to me Ballard has taken a lot of swings at the right positions, but he and the scout staff settled on the wrong prospects.  The one that still irks me the most still is Parris Campbell instead of DK Mercalf.  I was quite disappointed in Pierce instead of Skyy Moore as well, though Moore has not yet emerged really, either. 

I like the last 4 TE choices. I think out of that group, at least one will really emerge. 

And in this last draft, I wanted them to draft Cody Mauch to insert at RG, but instead they good CB Brents.  Time shall tell on that one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I wouldn’t say they’re at the wrong positions, I’d say that the Colts have simply failed to ALSO get studs at the RIGHT positions. 

Though, for the record, as you acknowledge, as much as I currently am down on him, JT is / was one of the right positions. JT’s greed has undermined that, though.  And so many of the WRs have so far been misses too, unfortunately.  

Hopefully Downs will be a hit, though, and next year a true WR stud can be had.  And hopefully the DE’s will finally develop.  And maybe hit on a CB next year, too. 

The thing is, to me Ballard has taken a lot of swings at the right positions, but he and the scout staff settled on the wrong prospects.  The one that still irks me the most still is Parris Campbell instead of DK Mercalf.  I was quite disappointed in Pierce instead of Skyy Moore as well, though Moore has not yet emerged really, either. 

I like the last 4 TE choices. I think out of that group, at least one will really emerge. 

And in this last draft, I wanted them to draft Cody Mauch to insert at RG, but instead they good CB Brents.  Time shall tell on that one. 

No not all,(in bold) I'm talking skill positions that put points on the scoreboard. We all know it's a scoring favorite league.

• 5 weeks later...