Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many years does it take to determine if a qb is a bust or the next franchise guy?

Stephen

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Put a guy with a well coached team with a strong roster and they might shine later in year one and in year two. 

Put him in Cleveland, lol.

This is probably the most important part.

Scheme fit/Coaching

Mental Ability 

Physical Ability 

Then yeah a great roster around them, alleviating some pressure. Although at the same time that puts a little more pressure on them with higher expectations early.

50 minutes ago, w87r said:

This is probably the most important part.

Scheme fit/Coaching

Mental Ability 

Physical Ability 

Then yeah a great roster around them, alleviating some pressure. Although at the same time that puts a little more pressure on them with higher expectations early.

Definitely true.

Sadly I'm sure there's been guys who washed out of the league who could play, but terrible situations/organizational moves killed whatever chance they may have had to succeed.

In regards to our situation, on paper it looks good to me (the QB, coaching, org commitment combo).

• Like 1

@NewColtsFan, I seen the confused face but by year 2 or 3 of starting regularly you generally know who is going to be good or bad. That is just how it is. How many times have you seen a QB be bad for 2 or 3 years and then all of a sudden be a franchise QB? It rarely happens, I am sure you can give me a list of maybe a few players but if your QB isn't showing improvement by year 2, there is a problem. Rookie's will struggle (understandable) as I posted because not everyone is Andrew Luck.

If AR had a bad rookie season and then has another bad season and shows no improvement then there is a problem. I would expect if he is good, in his 2nd year he will show it. If he struggles this season, that is acceptable.