Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Honest and sincere question about the term AR-15 and the NFL

Indeee

With all the nationwide controversy over the term "AR-15" in regard to the actual rifle and being associated with the horrendous school shootings etc.

If drafted by the Colts, or any team for that matter, are parents/fans/NFL going to be okay with a player promoting a brand of AR-15?

For the record, without getting all political, I personally have zero qualms about the AR-15 rifle or name in general.

I just thought it would be interesting to see how this would be handled from a marketing standpoint seeing as it's a very polarizing term in the current landscape of society..

• Indeee changed the title to Honest and sincere question about the term AR-15 and the NFL
5 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

It’s been well documented that Richardson has distanced himself from it and ditched that nickname. Sometime last year I believe. I’ve only seen him referred here by the nickname by a few select members. 

Oh, I actually didn't know that. I could have sworn I also saw it mentioned on Stampedeblue and just general popups on my timeline of internet clickers

If so, then I guess that solves any issues that could have arose

Mods you can lock this thread if you wish at any point.

I did not know, as pointed out by some posters here, that Richardson had distanced himself from the term. Had I, I wouldn't have started the post.

Thanks

• Shive locked this topic

Archived