Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beineimy to WAS?

jonjon

42 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Sounds like he's close to becoming their OC. Why would you go there from KC? More money? Or maybe they said he can call the plays (he generally didn't with KC).

It sounds like Bieniemy will have a chance to call plays and, if things go a certain way could end up being HC. He wouldn't have that chance under Andy Reid. Money might be a factor, also, as that is usually a strong persuader. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he is hired today - and - the contract worked out over the weekend.

I'm guessing that teams that previously interviewed him for HC gigs were concerned about the fact that he wasn't the play caller in KC.

Now - he can "sink or swim" by installing and calling" his own offensive scheme.

Best Wishes to both parties.

12 hours ago, jonjon said:

Sounds like he's close to becoming their OC. Why would you go there from KC? More money? Or maybe they said he can call the plays (he generally didn't with KC).

EB is going to establish himself as a play caller.   Maybe he’s great?   Maybe not so much?   But the only way to know is with the opportunity, and so I’m glad for him that he’s taking the job.  

He’s got decent weapons and a promising QB to work with, so hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity.  

14 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I'm guessing that teams that previously interviewed him for HC gigs were concerned about the fact that he wasn't the play caller in KC.

I'm guessing he was a very poor interviewee.  He was highly sought after for a couple years but couldn't lock it up.   Most likely the lack of calling plays was a big part of it.  

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm guessing he was a very poor interviewee.  He was highly sought after for a couple years but couldn't lock it up.   Most likely the lack of calling plays was a big part of it.  

Eric Bienemy has officially been hired as the Offensive Coordinator of the Washington Commanders.

He will also have the title of Assistant Head Coach.

That may have be the "secret sauce" to luring him away from the Chiefs.

Archived