Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beineimy to WAS?

jonjon

42 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Sounds like he's close to becoming their OC. Why would you go there from KC? More money? Or maybe they said he can call the plays (he generally didn't with KC).

It sounds like Bieniemy will have a chance to call plays and, if things go a certain way could end up being HC. He wouldn't have that chance under Andy Reid. Money might be a factor, also, as that is usually a strong persuader. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he is hired today - and - the contract worked out over the weekend.

I'm guessing that teams that previously interviewed him for HC gigs were concerned about the fact that he wasn't the play caller in KC.

Now - he can "sink or swim" by installing and calling" his own offensive scheme.

Best Wishes to both parties.

12 hours ago, jonjon said:

Sounds like he's close to becoming their OC. Why would you go there from KC? More money? Or maybe they said he can call the plays (he generally didn't with KC).

EB is going to establish himself as a play caller.   Maybe he’s great?   Maybe not so much?   But the only way to know is with the opportunity, and so I’m glad for him that he’s taking the job.  

He’s got decent weapons and a promising QB to work with, so hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity.  

14 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I'm guessing that teams that previously interviewed him for HC gigs were concerned about the fact that he wasn't the play caller in KC.

I'm guessing he was a very poor interviewee.  He was highly sought after for a couple years but couldn't lock it up.   Most likely the lack of calling plays was a big part of it.  

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm guessing he was a very poor interviewee.  He was highly sought after for a couple years but couldn't lock it up.   Most likely the lack of calling plays was a big part of it.  

Eric Bienemy has officially been hired as the Offensive Coordinator of the Washington Commanders.

He will also have the title of Assistant Head Coach.

That may have be the "secret sauce" to luring him away from the Chiefs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• 😅🤣😂 Well played Sir!
    • Fretting over the choice of an analogy is analogous to fretting over the potential spillage of dairy product on a counter.  
    • No, I understood that analogy. Which is why I used confused/annoyed Ron Swanson. 
    • No worries man....what can be unburdened by what has been
    • Im sorry, I’m behind schedule responding to your request.   A few unexpected things came up.    I’ll do my best.   Very long post ahead!    Even when Ballard is boilerplate,  I still find him endlessly fascinating.  He just doesn’t sound like any GM I interviewed or listened to in my 30 years of doing just that.   I think he’s more candid than most,  gives more revealing info,  I just find him very refreshing.     When I listened to CB, obviously I always try to hear what he’s says, but also to what he doesn’t say.  Sometimes I find that revealing.     Here, in no particular order, are the things that jumped out at me.   Once again, he heaped praise on Jim Bob Cooter.  Is that the 3rd time?  Or 4th?   Combine that with Taylor’s comment in the last few days saying JBC does more X’s and O’s than any coach he’s ever seen and I was very happy.  It’s my growing suspicion that this coaching staff is far superior to any staff Frank ever had and I thought Frank had some pretty good staffs.   As many have said, feels like we finally have a 21st century offense.  Watching last season almost every week I’d find myself saying…. “I’ve never seen that from the Colts before.”   I liked when Ballard gave shout outs to his tight end room.  Named 6 or 7 guys by name, all very complimentary, but I don’t believe Ogletree was one of them.  Are the Colts still waiting on a ruling from the NFL or has that come?   And if it has come, are we then waiting for final decision from Irsay?  Because I think CB and SS really like Ogletree and want him on the team.     I thought Ballard was barely able to contain himself about the offense he has built.  That was as confident as I think he’s ever been.   And he practically gagged himself about how good Taylor is and the kind of year he will have.  I think he really likes his new and very improved wide receiver room.  He gushed over how good he thinks Josh Downs is.    The boilerplate comments that stuck with me are his core beliefs about the importance of both lines, that’s how good teams win.   And with what he added this off-season I’d say mission accomplished.     There wasn’t as much talk about the defense.   He’s impressed with how far EJ Speed has come from Nowhere State-Tech A&M.  Thought Blackman had a very good year, one of his best.   Said a few nice things about some depth players.     Ballard also tossed out some red meat for the fans about wanting to reach the playoffs and preferably win the division and reminded how close we were last year.  Smart play, but I understand if you think of that as boilerplate.    And that about covers the bases for me.  Hope I gave you what you were looking for?  I’m here if you have questions, although the day may get busy in the afternoon, then in the evening the opening ceremonies of the Olympics will likely get our attention. 
  • Members