Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Assistant coaches: Firings and changes around the NFL.

NFLfan

9 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator Leslie Fraizer has announced that he will take the year off - and - return to the team in 2024.

He should have been fired for giving up a FG in 13 seconds, he has constantly underachieved with his talent, come playoff time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Evidently there is a new "trend" growing in the NFL.

When you want to keep an extremely talented Special Teams Coordinator - you add the title of "Assistant Head Coach".

That's how the Cleveland Browns poached Bubba Ventrone from the Colts - and - how the Packers followed suit - in keeping Rich Biasaccia.

On 3/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, chad72 said:

He should have been fired for giving up a FG in 13 seconds, he has constantly underachieved with his talent, come playoff time. 

I think that was one of the biggest coaching gaffes in a good number of years.    I freely admit I didn’t think of it in real time.   Few did.   

But within a few days I read stories about how Buffalo elected not to cover Kelcie and the Bills/Frazier gave him a free release.  No attempt to slow him down.    KC basically ran the same play twice and got roughly 35 yards on two passes to Kelcie which put them in position for the game winning FG with ONE second remaining.   One second. 

To Buffalo’s credit, they didn’t fire Frazier.  But I think a good number of teams would have.   

Archived