Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Assistant coaches: Firings and changes around the NFL.

NFLfan

9 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator Leslie Fraizer has announced that he will take the year off - and - return to the team in 2024.

He should have been fired for giving up a FG in 13 seconds, he has constantly underachieved with his talent, come playoff time. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Evidently there is a new "trend" growing in the NFL.

When you want to keep an extremely talented Special Teams Coordinator - you add the title of "Assistant Head Coach".

That's how the Cleveland Browns poached Bubba Ventrone from the Colts - and - how the Packers followed suit - in keeping Rich Biasaccia.

On 3/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, chad72 said:

He should have been fired for giving up a FG in 13 seconds, he has constantly underachieved with his talent, come playoff time. 

I think that was one of the biggest coaching gaffes in a good number of years.    I freely admit I didn’t think of it in real time.   Few did.   

But within a few days I read stories about how Buffalo elected not to cover Kelcie and the Bills/Frazier gave him a free release.  No attempt to slow him down.    KC basically ran the same play twice and got roughly 35 yards on two passes to Kelcie which put them in position for the game winning FG with ONE second remaining.   One second. 

To Buffalo’s credit, they didn’t fire Frazier.  But I think a good number of teams would have.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• I do think we need to take into consideration what kind of routes they were asked to run and it’s sometimes hard to compare someone running deeper routes most of the time to someone running underneath most of the time.   I do wonder if there’s an average yards per target metric available for college WRs.   @stitches @Ohio Colt ??
    • Took down 4 Arizona last night on the road to get control of the PAC 12. probably another big leap in the rankings coming up.
    • If it's a "four round draft" as they say, then I wouldn't mind doing the opposite of what we did last year.  Instead of turning 7 picks into 12, let's turn 7 picks into 4.  Trade lower round picks to move up, and get the highest quality we are able to.  Less quantity; greater quality.
    • I applaud the effort to took to lay this out.  And you've addressed the positional needs.  Z-receiver, FS, backup QB, IDL, and IOL.   My biggest question is if Quinyon Mitchell sufficiently rates as a "rare air" player at #15.  If all the impact players are gone by then, then I get it.  And maybe your model assumes that they are.  Or, in taking Moody, you remove the need to draft that position.  But I still can't help wanting more out of the #15 pick.
    • It ws 1.7% drop rate, which is still amazing. We took Josh Downs last year who only had a 2% drop rate for his draft.
  • Members

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • Jumpman

Jumpman 0

Rookie
    • Arodgers12

Arodgers12 667

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,486

• ChuggaBeer