Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offense vs Broncos: look different this week (and O questions)?

EastStreet

Offense vs Broncos: look different this week (and O questions)?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction - Will we see the same offense at Denver, just with Hines or Lindsey or Jackson (game play, for instance 1H script)

2. 2. Prediction - Will we see a different offense at Denver, with WRs and TEs in more +10 yard calls (game plan, not come-back stuff)

3. 3. Opinion - Are we predictable on O? (in general, not tomorrow night)

4. 4. Opinion - What type O do you prefer

• Run heavy (45ish+% run) - assumes with Mobile QB
    • Balanced (average is 60ish% passing) with Mobile QB
    • Balanced (average is 60ish% passing) with Pocket Passing QB
    • Pass heavy (64+% pass) with Mobile QB
    • Pass heavy (64+% pass) with Pocket Passing QB
  5. 5. Opinion - What type passing scheme do you prefer (not counting inflation due to constant "come back from behind" situations like Ryan this season)

• Heavy Shallow (-5.0 to 10.0 yards) - under 140 attempts 10+ (total year)
    • Heavy Intermediate (10.0 to 20 yards) - 160 or more 10+ attempts
    • Heavy Deep (20+ yards) - 50 (3ish attempts/game) or more deep attempts
    • Simple balance (with at least 2 deep attempts on average per game, not counting come-back situations)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 12:00 AM

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you want to see depth passing for 2021 or 2022... for the last question...

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Just warning... look with context (is the team bad, and is always behind, etc.. )

I was shocked when I saw the colts are like 7th in explosive passes. I did not expect that. But when your behind bt so much I guess it’s expected. We need to try and pass earlier in a game. That will open up the run game. No way rams can defend those big TE either. Get them on girls together.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I was shocked when I saw the colts are like 7th in explosive passes. I did not expect that. But when your behind bt so much I guess it’s expected. We need to try and pass earlier in a game. That will open up the run game. No way rams can defend those big TE either. Get them on girls together.

Yup. Like I said, need context. 

We're tied for 3rd in 20+ attempts, but only because behind lol... 

I'd guess 90+% was later and/or behind. 

I think Denver is good at restricting the passes to a good extent, and force the Colts to run with the RBs available and to the usual passing struggle, and it wouldn't probably look handsome in their home stadium. Even if Reich goes with a different game plan, it wouldn't look much different. It would probably be a close, low-scoring game, so more of the same until time runs out. 

10 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think Denver is good at restricting the passes to a good extent, and force the Colts to run with the RBs available and to the usual passing struggle, and it wouldn't probably look handsome in their home stadium. Even if Reich goes with a different game plan, it wouldn't look much different. It would probably be a close, low-scoring game, so more of the same until time runs out. 

They have been decent vs passing, but have only faced average to below average QB so far.

Geno Smith, Mills, Jimmy G, and Carr. Geno passed very well vs Denver. 

Geno and Carr beat them... Carr didn't play bad or good, but LVR's running game was enough. 

QB Rating Allowed #13

Completion % #14

YPG #5

Wouldn't be shocked if they shut us though lol... 

Denver secondary have kept the WR1, WR2 in check. They have kept Metcalf, Lockett, Cooks, Aiyuk around to 50 yards or less reception. Only receivers who got more are Deebo and Tae, who needed more targets as well.

Overall, I'd say they do a great job of covering top receivers, making the QB need to buy more time to look for all other options, and force the QB to take more pressures and hits. They have been very good against receivers in red zone too. 

They've not faced elite QBs yet, but its not going to be easy for Ryan. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Denver secondary have kept the WR1, WR2 in check. They have kept Metcalf, Lockett, Cooks, Aiyuk around to 50 yards or less reception. Only receivers who got more are Deebo and Tae, who needed more targets as well.

Overall, I'd say they do a great job of covering top receivers, making the QB need to buy more time to look for all other options, and force the QB to take more pressures and hits. They have been very good against receivers in red zone too. 

They've not faced elite QBs yet, but its not going to be easy for Ryan. 

Tells you.... the coach should come in with a game plan with less predictable plays / scripts (which is typically passing Pitt, RBs, and Granson from us...). 

16 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Exactly. 

I'm sure Pitt will plenty targets, but need plenty to Dulin, Campbell, Pierce, Mo, Woody, etc.. 

If we we see a ton screens and shallow flats, don't like our chances. 

I wouldn't mind a few sweeps with Hines though. 

Archived