Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Night Parties

Is anyone planning on going? The Colts Grille having it Thursday night, there is party at Lucas Oil on Thurs. and Friday. Thought about it, but didn't sound all that exciting other than sitting drinking away the night.

Thursday night is round one, starts at 7:00 P.M, at 7:04:59 either Irsay or Grigson will hand the card with Lucks name in, sure they will hold out to the very last second. Then we are done for the night. Will watch and keep track from home I think.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Correct. Guess I got confused MIN (McCarthy and Turner) with ATL.    Ballard did get lucky with Latu being there, regardless. No defensive players went off the board until pick #15. Doubt that has ever happened
    • I bet when Ballard and the Colts looked at their board, they had Murphy and Latua coming off the board. The Bears, ATL, Raiders and the Saints were the teams that I thought may go D with their first pick. The best rush end and DT do not usually last till 15 and 16. It was just an odd year with 6 qbs taken. Then you factor in the 2 Oline and 3 wrs and possibly generational te. It really was the 6 qbs drafted that made this possible.
    • Its not stacked when you consider  that their Oline is not good. They went skill and ignored the trenches for the last few years
    • Vikings got Dallas Turner.    Both Love and Rodgers went in the mid to late 20s, so GB could maximize their first rounder value, move back into the first round for the QB that is dropping. So to me, it is not the same.   The downside of using No.8 is if Cousins plays well for 3 years (say), and they haven't made the SB but have made an NFCCG and divisional round (say), they have put Penix in a bad situation and still have nothing to show for such a high value No.8 pick. Penix could get disgruntled like Jordan Love did with Rodgers around asking for a trade and the Falcons have nothing to show for but a stubbornness to not trade Penix Jr. at that point. If Penix Jr. plays after 3 years and is average, they have the same dilemma again 2 years later. So what value did that No.8 pick truly give them?    From what I am hearing, Falcons were the only team that highly interested in Penix Jr., and by picking him at No.8 with players like Odunze, Bowers, best pass rushers like Latu and Turner available, they have put both Cousins and Penix Jr. on a collision course with a potential bad situation 3 years down the road. Raheem Morris' twisted logic was "we might not pick that high next year", and if that were the case, moving back into Round 1 around the 20s giving up a future 1st rounder would put money where his mouth is, trusting their first rounder would be a playoff team type 1st rounder, like the Texans with their Will Anderson trade deal.   Plus, knowing their situation they got themselves into, even if they try to get Cousins traded 2 years later after JUST making a wild card playoff game or divisional round game, other teams will say "fat chance, we ain't bailing you out of a situation you created yourself".
    • I think we can give Stafford a little bit of credit. He's a fantastic QB. I think the QB-WR relationship is far more complex than many give credit. They both need each other to do the job well in order for the other to succeed.    Johnson, Kupp, Nacua. All 1,000 yard receivers. All played with Stafford. He knows how to get his star receivers the ball and put them into a position to succeed (YAC). It's why I was really wanting him to come to Indy years ago. 
  • Members

• Old Man and the COLTS

Old Man and the COLTS 430

• Solid84

Solid84 6,833

• DZS13

DZS13 13

• CoachLite

CoachLite 1,200

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,213

• Pelt