Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Surprise Surprise

sb41champs

We are not quite to the halfway point for the 2021 season - but - there have been MANY MANY surprises in the NFL thus far.

Rank - in order - your opinion on the following surprises:

*  Bengals are at the top of the AFC standings after week 7

*  Jon Gruden's scandalous exit from Las Vegas

*  Arizona Cardinals are undefeated thus far

*  Tom Brady "may" play until he is 50

*  Teams are actually interested in trading "draft capital" for Deshaun Watson who continues to hang in limbo as 22 accusations of sexual impropriety are investigated

Jon Gruden - I don't really care what's going on here, but I guess this would be the most shocking surprise..

Bengals - I never would have thought.. I figured they were a couple years away.

Arizona - Just surprised they are still undefeated

Tom Brady - nothing surprises me anymore with this dude... he probably holds the cure for cancer

I figured Deshaun wouldn't stay in Houston even with all the accusations.

But what even is the halfway point of the season now?! a Wednesday between the 8-9 week?! haha

1. Gruden - Definitely didn't expect this to happen. Thought he would be around for another couple years at least.

2. Bengals- I thought they'd be better this season but not this good yet. I still think they're kinda overachieving. I think they'll tail off a bit.

3. Arizona - Thought they'd finally take a step forward with another year of Murray. He's been playing at a high level. Green and Moore are big additions. Hopkins is a top 3 WR. Their defense got better too.

4. Brady - He's just making fun of "father time" now.

5. Watson - I'm not surprised at all. He's a top 5 QB when he's on his game. He's a franchise QB too. Those are hard to come by. I'm not surprised some teams are willing to gamble there. Some teams will put up anything as long as they win.

1.  Given Watson's uncertain status going forward - I wouldn't be willing to give up any draft capital at this point in time.  Houston is asking waaaay too much for a QB that may be sidelined indefinitely due to criminal investigations including the FBI.

2.  Jon Gruden!!  NEVER liked the man - on the sideline - or - the TV booth.  His ONLY "claim to fame" was taking TONY DUNGY'S Bucs to the Super Bowl.  Finding out what kind of man he is - was shocking.

3.  Cincinnati Bengals are legit - sooner rather than later !!  Who would've thought - given the decision makers in the front office???

4.  Arizona Cardinals - I didn't expect them to rise this high in this short a period of time.  Another NFL team with a historically questionable front office.  Kudos to FINALLY looking at the product on the field - and - building for the future.

5.  Tom Brady.  Lordy - if their is any one player in NFL history that might actually pull that off - it's Brady.  Gotta hate him for his Patriot days - but - gotta admire his unbelievable physical & emotional preparation for gameday.  Plus - I hate Belichick a smidgen more than I hate TB - so he gets extra points for taking the Bucs to the Super Bowl year one away from Bill.

Archived