Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Blue Chip Formula

TaylorStillTruckedYou

This thread is not an intention to bash the team or Ballard, but more of a push for a more open-minded approach.  Since Ballard and Reich came, (A colts blue chip player) were always taken over a player who may be a little more talented but comes with baggage.  I would love for this approach to be expanded on a little more, because I feel it hurts us talent wise in the long run.  Colts always talk about being aggressive, but after every game I feel like our team was the team that got punched in the face.  Even after a win, I feel like most of the time we get manhandled by other teams.  Yes we need talent, but we also need dogs on the team that do the dirty things.  In the first game, when jamal adams blew through for a tackle on the goal line, I was just sitting there wishing that we had someone that can do that consistently.   It makes me appreciate Micheal Pittman more for how physical and angry he’s playing this year.  Outside of Nelson, and Pittman, I don’t get a sense of any other player with that edge.  When our players talk big, I’m just like “eh”, which I don’t mean to.  I just would like to not miss out on players like D.K. Metcalf, or Montez Sweat because of not being the typical Blue Chip player.  If we are going to reach, I rather it be on real talent and not unknowns.  Do any of you think the current formula is fine the way it is or would you like to expand a little more?

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Toughness was one of Reich’s key points when coming here. We used to practice extremely hard. Problem is practically the entire starting lineup is hurt in some way or another… We’re still not healthy. 

I understand that, I’m stating that even when fully healthy I feel like we are still inferior to more of the mainstream teams in terms of aggressive downhill players.  Think of Bob Sanders, who on our team now closest resemble the physicality Bob brought to the team?  I really can’t think of anyone, but these other teams have like 4-5 Bob Sanders on their team (referring to teams like the Rams, Cardinals, Cowboy, Seahawks, etc.)

Archived