Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass protection was unreal.

PrideOfAthens17

Let me start by saying that OK, I get it, those of you that have been here far longer than I have may think I'm overstating this. After all, I know you've watched more "typical" NFL caliber offensive lines over the last 20 years. And you've watched this particular group for, what, 3 years now? So while this may be "old hat" for you, I assure you that it has, unfortunately, not been for me. And while he'll never say it himself, because he'll never make excuses or fail to defend his teammates, even former ones, it certainly hasn't been for Philip, either.

I honestly don't remember a game his entire career where Philip got both the amount of time and clear room around him, consistently, on dropback after dropback that he got Sunday. And against a team that has some good pass rushers, too. The great thing is that it's been close to this almost the entire season, too. But Sunday was a masterpiece work of beauty by everyone in pass protection. Just brilliant.

If even close to that level continues, especially through the playoffs, then oh my, watch out. I wish all of you could feel what this has made me feel, so you'd know what this season has been like so far for me. It's been quite special.

Archived