Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Impossible To Predict 34 Pick

I've been looking at all these mocks and have been doing my own and I've come to a conclusion. The 34 pick is impossible to predict. There are going to be a half dozen or so first round picks who fall into the second. No way of knowing who they will be. Other than QB, any position can be upgraded. Even if its not a "need", doesn't matter. What position can you think of where first round talent can't be used. If there is a stud DE/OLB, take him. Coaches will figure out how to use him and the Freeney situation is still in the air. If Konz falls, take him. He can compete for the starting role and if he loses, he can play guard. Hill, Jenkins, Konz, Fleener,Mercilus, Gilmor, Hightower, Perry, Glenn have all been Mocked late 1st or early 2nd. Take the best regardless of need (other than QB).

I've been looking at all these mocks and have been doing my own and I've come to a conclusion. The 34 pick is impossible to predict. There are going to be a half dozen or so first round picks who fall into the second. No way of knowing who they will be. Other than QB, any position can be upgraded. Even if its not a "need", doesn't matter. What position can you think of where first round talent can't be used. If there is a stud DE/OLB, take him. Coaches will figure out how to use him and the Freeney situation is still in the air. If Konz falls, take him. He can compete for the starting role and if he loses, he can play guard. Hill, Jenkins, Konz, Fleener,Mercilus, Gilmor, Hightower, Perry, Glenn have all been Mocked late 1st or early 2nd. Take the best regardless of need (other than QB).

The 34th pick SHOULD be TE Coby Fleener if he lasts. If not, best CB, WR, or DE/OLB available. Dont think C Peter Konz is needed as much now that we have Samson Satele.

Just saw a 2 round Mock Draft at ESPN, first one seen that didn't have Fleener going in first round. This one showed him going to Colts in 2nd round. Interesting but doesn't mean much at this point. Only 29 days, 3 hoursn, and some minutes to go for beginnnin of draft

I worry that Janoris Jenkins will be BPA. And he comes in a position we need. For the record, I do not want him near this franchise. Don't care how good he is, his off field antics are frankly ridiculous.

His interviews at the combine apparentley went quite well. Showed remorse for his previous issues and stated how he will work to improve. Could just be a bunch of lines but if the colts got him I would love it. Second best corner in the draft and is dangerous returning kicks

Just saw a 2 round Mock Draft at ESPN, first one seen that didn't have Fleener going in first round. This one showed him going to Colts in 2nd round. Interesting but doesn't mean much at this point. Only 29 days, 3 hoursn, and some minutes to go for beginnnin of draft

A lot of the big time analysts like Kiper and McShaw have him around 40th on the boards. They say second round talent but with the weak TE class he is getting 1st round consideration. He would be great pick at 34

His interviews at the combine apparentley went quite well. Showed remorse for his previous issues and stated how he will work to improve. Could just be a bunch of lines but if the colts got him I would love it. Second best corner in the draft and is dangerous returning kicks

This. Everything I've read suggests that after being kicked off the Florida Gator's team he really turned his life around. I think he's the 2nd best CB in the draft and isn't a huge drop off from Morris Claiborne.