Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice story about Philip Rivers and his family

chad72

Hello Indy fans.  I am born and raised in SD.  I now live in LA.  I am a lifelong Chargers fan.  I was in attendance at Qualcomm for the epic Bolts/Colts playoff games years ago.

Now that Rivers is a Colt, I am now also a Colt fan.  But it's not hard.  See, ever since I was a kid, the Colts just have one of my favorite uniforms.  I have always loved it, the simple All white with the horseshoe on the helmet.  Years ago playing madden, they were one of my favorite teams to use.

I can't wait to see Rivers in his uni.  I was so shocked when the Chargers just let him go last year.  IMO he still has a few good seasons left in him.  Maybe more.  He just NEVER had much blocking with the Bolts.

He doesn't throw the best long ball.  But he can find the open guy, and he is a warrior.  He is a leader which is what you want your QB to be.

Anyway...here's looking forward to a great season for the Colts.  Lets get them jags. I will be watching.

1 minute ago, eaglerockdude said:

Hello Indy fans.  I am born and raised in SD.  I now live in LA.  I am a lifelong Chargers fan.  I was in attendance at Qualcomm for the epic Bolts/Colts playoff games years ago.

Now that Rivers is a Colt, I am now also a Colt fan.  But it's not hard.  See, ever since I was a kid, the Colts just have one of my favorite uniforms.  I have always loved it, the simple All white with the horseshoe on the helmet.  Years ago playing madden, they were one of my favorite teams to use.

I can't wait to see Rivers in his uni.  I was so shocked when the Chargers just let him go last year.  IMO he still has a few good seasons left in him.  Maybe more.  He just NEVER had much blocking with the Bolts.

He doesn't throw the best long ball.  But he can find the open guy, and he is a warrior.  He is a leader which is what you want your QB to be.

Anyway...here's looking forward to a great season for the Colts.  Lets get them jags. I will be watching.

Welcome. I'm a huge Rivers fan too, since his days at NC State. I wrote in another thread that when Teddy Bridgewater had his knee injury, I wanted to trade for Rivers. As you noted, he is a leader and that is what I want to see in my quarterbacks. I think he will do well in Indy, especially because the Colts now have a top-notch offensive line. 

Glad to have you here. Post a lot and often. :)

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Great story.  It's nice to get a personal look into a players life and find out he and his family are everything you want to be part of your team.

I'll admit, I was skeptical when they were talking about getting him, but I'm on fully board.  I hope he gets his ring.

Archived