Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers isn't the luckiest Colt with this draft.

PrideOfAthens17

It's whoever ends up being the guy under center when Philip finally does retire. Because that's when this offensive line will be in its prime, and these young talented weapons (including guys added in recent years, too, not just this year) will have some experience and be ready to really produce. Don't get me wrong, Philip is going to benefit this year (and likely next), too. But whoever the next long term leader of this team ends up being should be entering an incredible offense on the cusp of being a league leader on that side of the ball.

17 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

It's whoever ends up being the guy under center when Philip finally does retire. Because that's when this offensive line will be in its prime, and these young talented weapons (including guys added in recent years, too, not just this year) will have some experience and be ready to really produce. Don't get me wrong, Philip is going to benefit this year (and likely next), too. But whoever the next long term leader of this team ends up being should be entering an incredible offense on the cusp of being a league leader on that side of the ball.

Castonzo and Glow won't be part of it ... and i wouldn't bet the house on Kelly in 3 years.

We'll see. You're right that things always change, but with this team being led by a guy in Ballard who prioritizes and emphasizes the trenches like he does, as well as a guy who has shown he knows which guys to get who are going to become great players there, my guess is that whatever changes happen aren't going to leave these lines in anything close to bad shape. And likely will leave them in even better shape.

But you're right, we will see. Time always tells :D.

Archived