Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyler Johnson, Minnesota

He is built better than Reggie, more like Davante Adams, I feel. He does run routes real well. Yes, that is a Day 2 candidate I'd definitely invest in.

With both TY and Campbell, we will have the speed element. If Funchess is not brought back, this guy or Collin Johnson of Texas are 2 guys I am looking at. I might even be inclined to ask Collin Johnson to put on some weight and make him a receiving TE. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, chad72 said:

He is built better than Reggie, more like Davante Adams, I feel. He does run routes real well. Yes, that is a Day 2 candidate I'd definitely invest in.

With both TY and Campbell, we will have the speed element. If Funchess is not brought back, this guy or Collin Johnson of Texas are 2 guys I am looking at. I might even be inclined to ask Collin Johnson to put on some weight and make him a receiving TE. 

Collin Johnson with weight would probably be like Coby Fleener 2.0. I would be ok with that!

24 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Collin Johnson with weight would probably be like Coby Fleener 2.0. I would be ok with that!

Yep, Evan Engram and George Kittle were 210 pounds and lighter in college. You should read this article. Collin Johnson fits the profile for the modern NFL converted TE, IMO. 

https://247sports.com/Article/College-basketball-recruiting-tight-end-analysis-133017842/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep, Evan Engram and George Kittle were 210 pounds and lighter in college. You should read this article. Collin Johnson fits the profile for the modern NFL converted TE, IMO. 

https://247sports.com/Article/College-basketball-recruiting-tight-end-analysis-133017842/

Totally agree!

On a side note... Johnson's teammate, Devin Duvernay jumps off the screen. He's got tyreek hill speed and good hands.

• 1 month later...

Tyler Johnson is one of my favorite WR's in this draft. He won't blow you away at the combine, but he's still plenty athletic and an amazing route runner. His style very much reminds me of Reggie and I think that type of player is exactly what we're missing. That savvy route runner that can create separation with technique vs raw athleticism.

• Like 1

It was said during the bowl game that he was having problems getting passed the LOS when he was on the outside, so MINN moved him to the slot for more space and then he flourished.  

Don't know if that means he should be more of a slot guy than and outside player, but we already have Campbell for that specialty.

I like what I saw too.  But getting stuffed at the LOS against Auburn would be a concern.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

It was said during the bowl game that he was having problems getting passed the LOS when he was on the outside, so MINN moved him to the slot for more space and then he flourished.  

Don't know if that means he should be more of a slot guy than and outside player, but we already have Campbell for that specialty.

I like what I saw too.  But getting stuffed at the LOS against Auburn would be a concern.  

He definitely has issues with his release when pressed at the line. He may need to line up out of the slot initially or get schemed free releases, but handling press coverage can definitely be learned.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DougDew said:

Honestly, with Campbell's speed i think he should be used on the outside in vertical, post or crossing routes. He has track-star speed, so why not use it