Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Attended the Miami Game - Some Thoughts

ColtsSouljah

I attended the game yesterday. Here are some thoughts.

1. Touchdown Town: This was the first time I had really explored it. Really nice setup. There was all kinds of cool game worn stuff on display various places.

2. The XLI trophy. This was the highlight of the day. The Super Bowl trophy was on display outside section 128. Got pictures of it and with it. Totally got chills. Worth the trip for that alone.

3. Sad to see a number of empty seats and quite a few really late arriving fans (how does that happen for a 4pm game?!)

4. Hoyer played awful. He was really, really bad. Constantly throwing into double coverage and constantly throwing long (and over throwing at that) when he had check downs. Please, all of you that said he was as good (or even better?!!!) than Brissett... just stop talking for a while. Thanks.

5. Our defense is really good, but we have got to stop giving up so many third down conversions.

6. The officiating had several absolutely abysmal blown calls against us. I cannot for the life of me understand why this keeps happening to us. The second Hoyer interception was because Ebron was blatantly held and so couldn't get to the ball, just as one example.

7. It's hard to have a passing game when your top 3 WRs are out.

8. Opposing fans: it wasn't as bad as the Raiders game, but there were still a lot of Miami fans. I lived in SE Florida for a time and I saw more Miami fans yesterday in Indianapolis than I ever did in FL. Maybe this is just normal now... maybe tons of Colts fans are selling their tickets... just seems kinda weird.

9. Ring of Honor Ceremony: For the short time they had, this was really well done. Loved seeing Manning, Edge, Reggie, and Mathis (among others).

• Like 2

Our fans are too quiet. 1st and 2nd downs you can hear a pin drop. Only time we semi come awake is on 3rd down or in crunch time. I think people are too scared to stand up and make some noise as if people around them will judge them or yell at them. If someone is at a football game and doesn't like you making noise, that's their problem. They are the problem, not you.

Also, they need to put that dumb fake decibel thing on the big screen more. It helps get the crowd into it.

/End rant/

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I attended the game yesterday. Here are some thoughts.

1. Touchdown Town: This was the first time I had really explored it. Really nice setup. There was all kinds of cool game worn stuff on display various places.

2. The XLI trophy. This was the highlight of the day. The Super Bowl trophy was on display outside section 128. Got pictures of it and with it. Totally got chills. Worth the trip for that alone.

3. Sad to see a number of empty seats and quite a few really late arriving fans (how does that happen for a 4pm game?!)

4. Hoyer played awful. He was really, really bad. Constantly throwing into double coverage and constantly throwing long (and over throwing at that) when he had check downs. Please, all of you that said he was as good (or even better?!!!) than Brissett... just stop talking for a while. Thanks.

5. Our defense is really good, but we have got to stop giving up so many third down conversions.

6. The officiating had several absolutely abysmal blown calls against us. I cannot for the life of me understand why this keeps happening to us. The second Hoyer interception was because Ebron was blatantly held and so couldn't get to the ball, just as one example.

7. It's hard to have a passing game when your top 3 WRs are out.

8. Opposing fans: it wasn't as bad as the Raiders game, but there were still a lot of Miami fans. I lived in SE Florida for a time and I saw more Miami fans yesterday in Indianapolis than I ever did in FL. Maybe this is just normal now... maybe tons of Colts fans are selling their tickets... just seems kinda weird.

9. Ring of Honor Ceremony: For the short time they had, this was really well done. Loved seeing Manning, Edge, Reggie, and Mathis (among others).

I noticed the empty seats ,I agree statistically d played well,look at the game winning Fg drive by them.How many third and longs did they convert ?

7 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Our fans are too quiet. 1st and 2nd downs you can hear a pin drop. Only time we semi come awake is on 3rd down or in crunch time. I think people are too scared to stand up and make some noise as if people around them will judge them or yell at them. If someone is at a football game and doesn't like you making noise, that's their problem. They are the problem, not you.

Also, they need to put that dumb fake decibel thing on the big screen more. It helps get the crowd into it.

/End rant/

You are right. It was VERY quite on 1st and 2nd down. Lots of people around me never stood except when we scored our lone TD.

• Thanks 2

"6. The officiating had several absolutely abysmal blown calls against us. I cannot for the life of me understand why this keeps happening to us."

I have a conspiracy theory. The NFL really wants Houston and Deshaun Watson in the playoffs. He is one of the new Golden Boys of pro football along with Mahomes and Jackson. We don't have anyone who matches his level of celebrity. So what is the best way to assure he gets there? Make sure Houston wins the AFC South. Who is the greatest threat to that? Take away some real crap calls (and a lousy kicker) us. Once Houston secures their spot I think the calls will even out.

It's not that don't want us to make the playoffs. They could care lees. They just want to make sure the Texans do.