Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck vs Peyton Manning.

NannyMcafee

On 7/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, NannyMcafee said:

Andrew is a great talent. And I have faith he can take us to many SB wins... I have been watching a lot of highlights of Colts of the 2000s, and Peyton Mannings touch on throws, just put you in awe of the amazingness of such a pass. How many touchdowns in the back corner of the endzone have we seen? 

Andrew is great and I wouldnt trade him for any in the league today. He doesn't have elite touch on his throws. And that's not to say he doesn't hit his windows. He does most of the time but I have yet to see his touch on throws reach that hight. It may be a boring observation but most are at this time of year. Is it preseason yet? 

One of Andrew's elite abilities is his pocket awareness from day one. 

Well I would disagree with that assessment not elite touch on throws sure he doesn't always get the pass exactly where he intended to throw it but he completes a lot of passes deep down the field and a lot of them in very tight windows where he receiever either catches it drops it or its out of bounds. So don't agree with you with that assessment.

Luck is very accurate when he has time.  Nothing hurts a QB's accuracy more than being sacked,  hit often, and constantly pressured.  If and/or when he gets real run support, his O-line jells, and he's not running for his life, he will show what he can do.    Even Unitas played poorly when he was on the run.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, NannyMcafee said:

Maybe you should figure out that Peyton and Manning are the same person. Otherwise I dont think you know what they have in common besides everything. 

Like I said the only thing in common they had was being drafted #1 overall by the Colts to play QB.

• Like 1