Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fountain is looking good

Still of the opinion that while players like Rogers, Inman, Grant and Pascal were a bit more polished - but don't have all of the front office's desired measurables - players like Cain, Fountain, Campbell, Funchess, Veasey and Johnson fall into the preferred measurables.

If Cain, Fountain or Johnson show continued refinement (with their noticeably better athletic ability) they will make the roster over those others.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Still of the opinion that while players like Rogers, Inman, Grant and Pascal were a bit more polished - but don't have all of the front office's desired measurables - players like Cain, Fountain, Campbell, Funchess, Veasey and Johnson fall into the preferred measurables.

If Cain, Fountain or Johnson show continued refinement (with their noticeably better athletic ability) they will make the roster over those others.

Grant and Inman are already gone I believe.

2 hours ago, Iron Colt said:

Grant and Inman are already gone I believe.

Yes I know, it was more a footnote to last year and limited (Johnson, Fountain) and no (Cain - Injured) making the roster.

With the polish garnered from last year, a full offseason of refinement, OTA's and Mini Camps its time for them to shine in Training Camp and claim their roles!

I happen to believe that Cain is the odd man out as of right now in the WR corps.  Rogers is the clear #4 right now, and Fountain has a clear leg up on Cain - he’s a superior athlete and he’s been working very hard on routes when Cain’s been forced to rehab.  In the absence of injuries, I suppose we’ll be able to keep both by going with 6 WRs...

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

I happen to believe that Cain is the odd man out as of right now in the WR corps.  Rogers is the clear #4 right now, and Fountain has a clear leg up on Cain - he’s a superior athlete and he’s been working very hard on routes when Cain’s been forced to rehab.  In the absence of injuries, I suppose we’ll be able to keep both by going with 6 WRs...

Cain will be the fourth or fifth receiver. You rarely use five anyway and I do not think they are going to cut him until they actually see what a healthy Cain can do. They can work him back in to the lineup slowly. They are way to excited about him. It would be totally shocking if they cut him. Not a surprise but shocking. If you follow Cain on Instagram he is looking really good and looks ready to go. 

What is going to be interesting to see if anyone outside of  Rogers or Pascal step up on punt returns. If Hines or Campbell steps up it will be easier for a guy like Fountain to make the team.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They can work him back in to the lineup slowly. 

This is where I think a lot of Colt fans could be disappointed - when was Cain ever IN the lineup?  He was obviously set up for more instant success than Fountain b/c of Clemson coaching and better competition (vis-a-vis that of N. Iowa).  However, Fountain has likely developed way more than Cain since he’s been in Indy.  And look up their workout numbers - Fountain is an incredible athlete.

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

This is where I think a lot of Colt fans could be disappointed - when was Cain ever IN the lineup?  He was obviously set up for more instant success than Fountain b/c of Clemson coaching and better competition (vis-a-vis that of N. Iowa).  However, Fountain has likely developed way more than Cain since he’s been in Indy.  And look up their workout numbers - Fountain is an incredible athlete.

Fountain couldn’t  even make the roster last season when we had no receivers though. Instead of saying working back into the lineup I could of said bringing him into the lineup slowly. I noticed today that a lot of players on other teams were announced as being on Pup today. Doesn’t look like Cain will be. He looks really good on videos he posts on Instagram.  This team is so high on him and think he is going to be a star. It would be shocking if they let him go before they see what he can do when fully healthy. Fountain would really have to show star potential.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fountain couldn’t  even make the roster last season when we had no receivers though. Instead of saying working back into the lineup I could of said bringing him into the lineup slowly. I noticed today that a lot of players on other teams were announced as being on Pup today. Doesn’t look like Cain will be. He looks really good on videos he posts on Instagram.  This team is so high on him and think he is going to be a star. It would be shocking if they let him go before they see what he can do when fully healthy. Fountain would really have to show star potential.

I hope Cain is a star.  I certainly liked what I was hearing last year out of TC.  My spidey-sense keeps telling me it’s going to be hard for him to compete with Fountain and Rogers after such a bad injury.  But, I think there’s a lot of deep talent on this team, and we’re gonna cut some people who make an impact on other teams this year...

Your probably correct he might not be able to compete with Rogers and fountain right away. I think by mid season he should be pretty much back. If TY, Funchess, and Campbell are healthy though he doesn’t need to be fully back right away.

Like I said it won’t shock me if  Pascal and Rogers get cut and fountain makes it. Especially if Hines or Campbell step up on Punt Return duties.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Your probably correct he might not be able to compete with Rogers and fountain right away. I think by mid season he should be pretty much back. If TY, Funchess, and Campbell are healthy though he doesn’t need to be fully back right away.

Like I said it won’t shock me if  Pascal and Rogers get cut and fountain makes it. Especially if Hines or Campbell step up on Punt Return duties.

Yep, I think there’s a lot of talent in the WR corps, but I’m not sure who’s gonna really step up.  With the talent there, though, I’m sure that Reich will make the receiving corps into twice the unit that anyone in the media thinks it can be...