Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draftsite.com Full Mock

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/&ved=2ahUKEwi-mOS4roPgAhWk4IMKHXOZDfEQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw11H41dMslsGgMK273i-9De

I don't like this mock at all for the Colts, and think there's a zero percent chance that things unfold this way. 

1st Rd- Zach Allen (passing on Montez Sweat, Dre'Mont Jones, Oruwariye, and Brian Burns)

(1st pick) 2nd Rd- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

(2nd pick) 2nd Rd- Benny Snell (this is where they really lost me lol)

The first two picks are understandable, but I'd jump all over Montez Sweat or Dre'Mont Jones if they're there at 26. Benny Snell shouldn't go til the 4th round at the earliest. What I do like about this mock is the accuracy in how quick QBs are likely to fly off of the board, regardless of whether they're 1st Rd or 3rd Rd talent; that's just the nature of teams trying to win by finding that coveted franchise QB. I also like that they have WR and RB going off of the board in the 1st, because that happens every year, and this year should be no different, and it should allow us to grab some pretty great defensive players with those first 2 picks (should they choose to go that route). 

How I would have drafted it (with the players available in this mock)

1st- Montez Sweat 

(1st) 2nd- Jerry Tillery or Dre'Mont Jones 

(2nd) 2nd- DK Metcalf 

• Like 1

Draftsite is a terrible site tbh. First of all, it’s not even worth reading until March. Second, its not worth reading after the 1st round because they may just be simulating or randomly generating the picks after that as they have no rhyme or reason. Use Drafttek.

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Draftsite is a terrible site tbh. First of all, it’s not even worth reading until March. Second, its not worth reading after the 1st round because they may just be simulating or randomly generating the picks after that as they have no rhyme or reason. Use Drafttek.

So, I looked at Drafttek mock, and they have the Colts going:

1) Arcega-Whiteside (horrible pick)

2-1) Oruwariye (good pick)

2-2) Justice Hill (horrible pick) 

3) Erik McCoy (a Center from Texas AM...not a good pick)

I absolutely hate that mock lol, if the Colts were to make those picks, I'd be thoroughly disappointed. 

8 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So, I looked at Drafttek mock, and they have the Colts going:

1) Arcega-Whiteside (horrible pick)

2-1) Oruwariye (good pick)

2-2) Justice Hill (horrible pick) 

3) Erik McCoy (a Center from Texas AM...not a good pick)

I absolutely hate that mock lol, if the Colts were to make those picks, I'd be thoroughly disappointed. 

Is that the most recent one? Yeah that’s bad. One before it was better. Walter Football sometimes is decent.

34 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Is that the most recent one? Yeah that’s bad. One before it was better. Walter Football sometimes is decent.

I like Arcega-Whiteside, just not in the 1st. I'd be okay if they went with other areas of need and snagged him with like the 3rd rounder

Yeah, that was the most recent. What I'm finding with these mocks is that they're all just what people think they'll do, and most of them don't have much -if any- insight to how teams are currently building their rosters, or GM philosophy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FalseStart said:

If history repeats itself, I believe it goes...

RD1: All Pro

RD2: All Pro

RD2: Over Shadowed...Future All Pro

I think they'd be in the Super Bowl conversation if they nail this draft, and add some pieces via FA. They're not far off, and have all of the resources to get into position. This is gonna be an extremely exciting offseason.