3. Darnold

4. Denzel Ward

5. Bradley Chubb

6. Darius Leonard

7. Lamar Jackson 

8. Quentin Nelson 

9. Mike Mcglinchey

10. Derwin James

the top 5 are unchanged. all of those teams are very happy with their picks, and wouldn’t have it any other way. I think we would probably take Leonard over Nelson, but Nelson could easily stay at 6 and Leonard could go at 8 to the bears who took Roquan Smith. I think the Bills haven’t been overly impressed with Allen because of his inconsistency and would take Lamar Jackson who has a similar play style to Tyrod Taylor. 9ers love Mcglinchey and he’s their LT of the future. I think the Cardinals would take James and wait for next year’s draft for a QB. So my top 10 aren’t much different than what happened which is interesting because usually 3-4 of the top 10 picks are slow to produce or look like a bust after the first year.

Leonard would definitely be top 10. And Big Q is exactly what everyone thought he was gonna be. Not better or worse. So I think he would still go between the 6-8 range because if we didn’t take him the Bears at 8 really liked him. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

1. Baker

2. Saquon 

3. Darnold

4. Denzel Ward

5. Bradley Chubb

6. Darius Leonard

7. Lamar Jackson 

8. Quentin Nelson 

9. Mike Mcglinchey

10. Derwin James

the top 5 are unchanged. all of those teams are very happy with their picks, and wouldn’t have it any other way. I think we would probably take Leonard over Nelson, but Nelson could easily stay at 6 and Leonard could go at 8 to the bears who took Roquan Smith. I think the Bills haven’t been overly impressed with Allen because of his inconsistency and would take Lamar Jackson who has a similar play style to Tyrod Taylor. 9ers love Mcglinchey and he’s their LT of the future. I think the Cardinals would take James and wait for next year’s draft for a QB. So my top 10 aren’t much different than what happened which is interesting because usually 3-4 of the top 10 picks are slow to produce or look like a bust after the first year.

Leonard would definitely be top 10. And Big Q is exactly what everyone thought he was gonna be. Not better or worse. So I think he would still go between the 6-8 range because if we didn’t take him the Bears at 8 really liked him. 

These are mostly my thoughts. Probably the top 10 impactful players from the draft. The fact that we got two of them is amazing. I'm also guessing the Bears would of taken Quenton instead of Roquan with hindsight if he was there and we took Leonard at 6. Lamar, in hindsight, would of been perfect for the Bills, as he can rush the ball like they like their QB's to do in Buffalo. He's probably more accurate than Allen as well. The only one that's arguable is Derwin James at 10. He's obviously a top 10 player. The issue is that the Cards needed a QB, so it's very difficult to say if they would switch to Derwin over him, even with hindsight, considering the position. The top 10 players in this 2018 draft are stacked though, and we should be very happy we got two of them.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Isn't a bit too early to even ask that question?

With all that's going on now this seems like a thread that is more suited for the off season?

Just my opinion.

Not too early anymore. This is about the time to start talking about it. We have about 1 year of sample size, this is when we can start making early judgments about the class with some accuracy.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not too early anymore. This is about the time to start talking about it. We have about 1 year of sample size, this is when we can start making early judgments about the class with some accuracy.

Ask in 2 or 3 years and you might get a different result than now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Absolutely, but look at it like this: We are making judgments about Coach Reich, Eberflus, the progression of the team after 1 year as well. It's an early judgment that will change year to year for each individual player. Draft classes are the same. You can judge them after each year, as players will progress and decline, breakout or get cut all together. Each year is a different sample size with the picture becoming more clear with each passing year. This is just year 1, and we are all excited considering how it has turned out so far.

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

I think the Bills haven’t been overly impressed with Allen because of his inconsistency and would take Lamar Jackson who has a similar play style to Tyrod Taylor.

So, what your saying is that L. Jackson has been consistent?

The T. Taylor comparisons I can understand. They both suck as passers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly.  Can’t get too high or low over rookie years.  Rick Meyer did not turn out to be better than Bledsoe same for rg3 over luck etc.  so many players also look lost first year but then it clicks later.   I think this is some of the reason behind the structure of rookie contracts for draft picks 

8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

1. Baker

2. Saquon 

3. Darnold

4. Denzel Ward

5. Bradley Chubb

6. Darius Leonard

7. Lamar Jackson 

8. Quentin Nelson 

9. Mike Mcglinchey

10. Derwin James

I love Leonard but when the priority is to protect our #1 investment, I'll take Nelson all day. Luck is making better decisions with more time in the pocket AND we can run this year when the line is healthy.