Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Breer on Cowherd Talking about the Colts

BullsColtsFan1

17 hours ago, rock8591 said:

There is no such thing as "OL depth".

100% of teams in this league would be totally lost if they lose a starting LT for the season, or a starting Center for the season. Their lines could easily go from great to below-average.

Our depth is better than most teams, comparatively speaking. Clark, Haeg, Good, and Boehm.

Clark performed like an average starter when he played at LT, hardly a 2nd stringer or PS material.

Our depth is terrible. Clark was terrible as the starting LT, and it affected every single play call. Everyone hyperventilated when Luck wouldn't throw downfield against the Eagles, but the primary reason was we had no pass protection on the outside. 

Haeg was bad last season. Good can't stay on the field. Boehm hasn't played for us, and has been below average for his first two years in the league. 

I'm really kind of shocked by this stance in this thread. We get a few weeks of good line play and everyone seems to forget that we're basically one play away from not having a starting caliber left tackle. And this for a team with a persistent issue with injuries. Again, we started FIVE centers last year. We've already had starters miss games this season. 

Depth is critical, especially up front. I'm not satisfied with Clark, Haeg and Good being our 6-8. I'd like a couple of guys who can be better than those 3 guys. At the very least, the added competition will bring out the best in everyone. But hopefully, we come out with legitimate upgrades to our OL unit. 

And we have the resources to sign a couple swing backups in the offseason. Guys like Slauson and Howard, but who hopefully can play better and last longer. I don't see how this is a radical idea.

• Like 2