Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are currently middle of the pack - Building through the draft

BlueShoe

I think we will see these numbers grow as Chris Ballard inserts his presence into this team. 

The Colts currently have 24 players on the 53-man roster who were drafted by the Colts and 13 players who were drafted by another team. 16 players on the Colts roster were at one time undrafted free agents.

The Bengals lead the NFL with 39 players who were drafted by the Bengals and still on the 53-man roster. 

The Bills are the worst in the NFL with only 14 players who were drafted by the Bills and still on the 53-man roster. 

If you find this kind of data interesting then here is the link: 

https://footballdungeon.com/roster-acquisition/

• Like 2

I think your comment of middle of the pack is a VERY fair assessment

Still need some stars to make a run and compete for a SB

I think the Jags and the Pats are going to  drop from their positions as the top 2 teams over next offseason

Slow and steady seems like the best approach

Still would like us to consider 1-2 FAs next year, to fill big holes, (Tackle, S)but dont want 3-6 FAs either

We have a great future

We may win or we may lose today.......... I will STILL be wearing my Blue Jersey...... either way

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think the Jags and the Pats are going to  drop from their positions as the top 2 teams over next offseason

Still would like us to consider 1-2 FAs next year, to fill big holes, (Tackle, S)but dont want 3-6 FAs either

We have a great future

We may win or we may lose today.......... I will STILL be wearing my Blue Jersey...... either way

I agree. 

I think when we look at modern NFL history, teams that build through the draft tend to have a lot more success than teams that focus on free agency. I think the recipe for success in the NFL is heavily skewed towards having more players on the roster who were drafted by the team. They are home-grown, so-to-speak. 

Ryan Grigson believed in bringing in free agents while Chris Ballard has a vision to build through the draft. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We have a great future

Win or lose today either way our future is bright

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

We have a great future

Just curious, you have T and Safety as two spots to bring in a stud FA...... Safety?  I know they have had some injury issues lately there, but is that really your priority #2 in FA?  I'd probably say CB or WR before S.....  again, not disagreeing, just would like to know if there is more to your choice than just injuries.  I know the scheme we run stresses Safety ability over say, star CB's.....