Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game 1 Analysis / Thoughts

Scott Pennock

44 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Well Haegs true weakness is game strength and as a LT you typically deal with more speed rushers while on the right side they are more power rushers/edge setters.....

So yes, I do think he probably would be more comfortable there.

Having said that, he does seem to be playing with more confidence this year and think he'll do just fine at RT when Castonzo returns.

If that is the case, as radical as it might sound, Castanzo might have the strength to deal with bull rushers/power rushers from the right better than Haeg and might be better off at RT? I know it sounds radical because it invites thoughts such as "we did not do TC with Haeg at LT", "you do not make changes now that the season has started" etc. but I do remember the Ravens massively shuffling their OL a few weeks before the playoffs and turning their 2012 season around.

The Patriots kept shuffling their OL after going 2-2 in their 2014 season till they settled on what they felt best and went on to win the SB.  It would be only a few games into the season when this change is made, if we do so for the Colts. Just food for thought. :) 

• Like 1