Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I wasn’t being serious.  That’s why I included the smiley face at the end.
    • Ballard has been saying it for years that the trenches are where it’s at. Doesn’t matter what era of football has been around, you control the line of scrimmage and you control the game. He has accomplished it on the O side of the ball but has tried for years to get a DL that can do the same. I think we will see it come together this year and into the next two. 
    • Harrison, Cross, Blackmon and Thomas is not a terrible group. Someone obviously needs to step up and play beside Blackmon at his level. I think there is enough ability with those four to roll with them into training camp and see what happens. 
    • Pass rush.     That is the key.  Control the line.  Make him make plays.  Make him uncomfortable.  Hey, if he Stroud beats us with his talent and we’re making him complete these great plays, then chalk it up to the game.  But we can’t allow him (and any other qb) to be comfortable and pick us apart.     I hope we see our front 4 provide that pressure because that will make everything else much easier.  I honestly believe we have the corners for our scheme in Moore, Brents, and jones.  But we don’t have the pressure.  Or the FS unfortunately.  Our corners jobs in this scheme isn’t to run step for step with wide receivers.  It’s to stick with them and prevent YAC.  Moore is the best nickel in the game, Jones was one of the best corners PERIOD in preventing YAC, and I think a healthy Brents will be good too.
    • Agreed.  After this last off season, I kind of give Ballard a pass on taking long to find a certified DE (if Latu pans out).  Like QBs, they don’t grow on trees.  You either have to draft one high, get lucky with one in the draft, or sign one in FA for loads of cash.  All I can ask for him as GM to do is try.  He hasn’t been perfect by any means but at least he’s tried with the DE position specifically.   i also think Shane being here has changed his thinking.  Before, Ballard might’ve went with Turner due to the higher upside.  But maybe Shane differs and wants proven players.     Either way, I’m glad we possibly have our stud at a premium position for the next 5 years at a cheap rate.     And gotta thank the Falcons for us landing Latu.  Lol
  • Members