Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Memorial Draft (Post Easter) Round 3

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think we are back to the assigned times but now you will not go on the clock till that time.

If your pick is ready early we will move along.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This was explained to you last night. Sorry, you are the one confused.

Read what you said above" you will not go on the clock till that time". And yeah, I know in confused. I've already stated that.  

But it's whatever. Like I said, I don't care what the practice is, just quit changing it midstream

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what you are saying is none of us can pick earlier than out assigned time?  And when we do you want to whine?

No. But when I specifically ask if we are sticking to the times posted and told yes by YOU, then sue me for being confused when I check back and it's changed. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Read what you said above" you will not go on the clock till that time". And yeah, I know in confused. I've already stated that.  

But it's whatever. Like I said, I don't care what the practice is, just quit changing it midstream

Look cs, I am not trying to be argumentative but it sure seems like you are.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No. But when I specifically ask if we are sticking to the times posted and told yes by YOU, then sue me for being confused when I check back and it's changed. 

I said we would make picks and move on. But you wouldn't be on the clock till your assigned time. How is that confusing?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Look cs, I am not trying to be argumentative but it sure seems like you are.

If that's how it's coming off, I apologize. That is not my intention and hasn't been. I know how much of a PITA it is to try and keep this thing moving. I'm simply trying to nail down exactly how the timing of this thing is working. It appears from my seat here to have changed multiple times and now I'm confused as to how it works. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Let me clarify, I'm not upset at all. Merely trying to understand this is all. 

What I don't understand is why is this an issue to you? Was your pick made for you? If it was I must have missed it. I thought we had this straighten out last night?

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Let me clarify, I'm not upset at all. Merely trying to understand this is all. 

You sure sounded upset. 

This is posted on the first page of this thread. What is not clear about it?

NOTE TO ALL GMs: If the draft moves faster than anticipated, please check the mock draft round threads to see whether your turn is up since timings might change. We will always try our best to PM you if you haven't responded in about an hour. You are always welcome to PM your picks as a backup plan if you do not plan to be there during your time. Thanks for understanding

What I don't understand is why is this an issue to you? Was your pick made for you? If it was I must have missed it. I thought we had this straighten out last night?

We didn't speak of this last night... this is the first I've complained about it. 

But its whatever. I didn't mean to cause drama. Sorry all. 

He PM'd his picks to Chad. Chad posted his pick when Csmopar was on the clock. Had he not PM'd his picks, we would have waited til 10pm ET.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You sure sounded upset. 

This is posted on the first page of this thread. What is not clear about it?

NOTE TO ALL GMs: If the draft moves faster than anticipated, please check the mock draft round threads to see whether your turn is up since timings might change. We will always try our best to PM you if you haven't responded in about an hour. You are always welcome to PM your picks as a backup plan if you do not plan to be there during your time. Thanks for understanding

Because of the posts afterwards that contradicted that. That's why I asked earlier if we were sticking to the assigned START times that were posted AFTER that was posted. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

He PM'd his picks to Chad. Chad posted his pick when Csmopar was on the clock. Had he not PM'd his picks, we would have waited til 10pm ET.

Right, under the understanding that it was for if I wasn't here at that time... again, I think you all are thinking I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I'm actually trying to do. I merely want to clear up what the time process is. That's it. Nothing more than that

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Right, under the understanding that it was for if I wasn't here at that time... again, I think you all are thinking I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I'm actually trying to do. I merely want to clear up what the time process is. That's it. Nothing more than that

Sure is a lot of drama for just that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sure is a lot of drama for just that.

I apologize for that. Was not my intention at all. I just don't like be confused. I'm not upset, wasn't. I'm just requesting a consistent, clear answer as to the process. Before I even posted, I went back and read the last two round threads to see if I could find the answer and was left even more confused than before. 

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I apologize for that. Was not my intention at all. I just don't like be confused. I'm not upset, wasn't. I'm just requesting a consistent, clear answer as to the process. Before I even posted, I went back and read the last two round threads to see if I could find the answer and was left even more confused than before. 

Just read what I posted. If it is not clear, tell us what to clarify and we will do that. I don't see what is not clear in that statement.

You came across trying to be critical rather than trying to understand. 

Well, I guess we can call the time slot approach a failed experiment.  It seems still that it mightve worked if we put whoever on the clock at specified times, and they make their picks or are pm'd them in advance, but gave up on the possibility of squeezing in draft picks not slotted for the day before.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well, I guess we can call the time slot approach a failed experiment.  It seems still that it mightve worked if we put whoever on the clock at specified times, and they make their picks or are pm'd them in advance, but gave up on the possibility of squeezing in draft picks not slotted for the day before.

I think the problem started when we got too impatient with wanting things to move along too fast. That come from mostly from those who spend more time in here than others?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't agree that It is a failed expwriment. This is the best run mock draft that we have had so far. It has run pretty smoothly. Only 2 people have complained. Everyone else has shown a lot of understanding. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I think the problem started when we got too impatient with wanting things to move along too fast. That come from mostly from those who spend more time in here than others?

Which is why I was against it when it was proposed. Say what you will about 8/6/4 hour clock times, depending on the round, but we got through five rounds each in 3 different drafts last year, 2 of them running at the same time, all without issue.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't agree that It is a failed expwriment. This is the best run mock draft that we have had so far. It has run pretty smoothly. Only 2 people have complained. Everyone else has shown a lot of understanding. 

The other drafts had no complaints,  so I mean "failed" as it relates to the drafts I mentioned above.

52 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Good lord some you are sucking all the fun out of this whole thing!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You came across trying to be critical rather than trying to understand. 

Sorry that was honestly not my intention whatsoever. You guys have done a great job. 

Where I think I got confused is the time slot being the start of when you're on the clock and that youd be given the chance to make your selection at that time. I didn't realize or understand that time was a fluid time that could be moved up. 

regardless, it's water down the drain now, I just want to move on. So just to ensure I'm following correctly, it's essentially like the last draft, make your pick as it comes up?

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. I don't think it's a failure either. Just needs a tiny bit of tweaking for clarity

Go back and read those. There were complaints. 

One thing I'll point out. You'll never ever make 100 percent of people happy 100 percent of the time. Pick a direction and run with it. Stay consistent and fair . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You guys have done a great job

I am not part of running this. I was trying to help but I was not a commish or co-commish. Since I was off from work on Friday, Chad asked me to oversee the draft then. But this is not my draft. Every year that I have been part of this, I have tried to help when I can. I think we all can help. Complaining does not help. This is not fair to Chad who has done a marvelous job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Good lord some you are sucking all the fun out of this whole thing!

Bite me. ^

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The pace is fast that's for sure. 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Go back and read those. There were complaints. 

As the commissioner of the previous one, yes there were complaints. No denying that one. 

I am not part of this. I was trying to help but I was not a commish or co-commish. Since I was off from work on Friday, Chad asked me to oversee the draft then. But this is not my draft. Every year that I have been part of this, I have tried to help when I can. I think we all can help. Complaining does not help. 

Wasn't trying to complain, merely get unconfused as it seemed contradictory and confusing to me. Guess I should have posed my question in PM. Lesson learned. Sorry for the detailment

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Where I think I got confused is the time slot being the start of when you're on the clock

To be clear, the time slots are not the start of when you are on the clock. It is when your pick must be made. So, say my time was 2pm and yours is 4pm. My pick is due by 2pm. If I don't make a pick, there will be a consensus pick. Then you are on the clock and your pick is due in by 4pm. Now if you make your pick earlier, the next person is on the clock and has til 6pm to make the pick. But he/she can announce it earlier... and so on.

Now, if you send your picks via PM, then Chad or someone else will announce the pick for you. This is what happened here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Many complained that it was going too slowly. 

But the point is, people signed up knowing how long between picks, and that was addressed in subsequent draft rules, but the rules were followed. I don't think anyone can say they were strictly followed in this draft, and it led to some confusion, and in my case, unfairness.  Its easy to say check the boards to protect yourself when they arent the ones being put on the clock at a moments notice in dereliction to the rules. But so much of this could have been avoided if we could somehow fuse short onthe clock times with patience to keep an agreed upon pace as opposed to pushing as fast as possible.  Like @csmoparsaid, follow the rules first and do what you can to move the draft fast second.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

No I think it’s going very well! The other 30 members have been very happy and thankful to these guys running this whole thing because they put a lot of work into this for yours and my entertainment. Instead you and @csmopar had to throw a fit and act like whiny entitled brats Because it’s not going your way... grow up and be thankful!

• Like 1

Alright, everyone, I would like to make some rules here very open and clear, so here goes:

- Times are not set in stone, so if you don’t think you will be able to get on often enough to get picks in, please PM them to myself or one of the other Commishes so we can keep things running smoothly. 

Picks can be adjusted if you miss your slot, but only if that player has not yet been chosen, in which case I personally will go back and make an adjusted draft board. Of course, this privilege also comes with time constraints, as after 5 picks your window officially closes to make a change. 

- Complaining will no longer be tolerated in any capacity. Any hint of complaint will result in either the loss of a pick choice or, in severe cases, the lost of drafting privileges altogether. 

- There will be no disrespect towards other participants. Doing so will result in forfeit of one round of picking or, in severe cases, total expulsion. If overly aggressive nature is observed, the culprit will be held out of the game for the next draft season, with no exceptions. 

These rules will be implemented henceforth in this draft and will be included in all following draft games. Thank you to everyone who is participating, and lets just all settle down and have fun with the rest of the draft! Good luck to all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

But the point is, people signed up knowing how long between picks, and that was addressed in subsequent draft rules, but the rules were followed. I don't think anyone can say they were strictly followed in this draft, and it led to some confusion, and in my case, unfairness.  Its easy to say check the boards to protect yourself when they arent the ones being put on the clock at a moments notice in dereliction to the rules. But so much of this could have been avoided if we could somehow fuse short onthe clock times with patience to keep an agreed upon pace as opposed to pushing as fast as possible.  Like @csmoparsaid, follow the rules first and do what you can to move the draft fast second.

The only ones who have complained are you and Csmopar. This draft and the one earlier this year have been the best run drafts. 

Just now, HectorRoberts said:

No I think it’s going very well! The other 30 members have been very happy and thankful to these guys running this whole thing because they put a lot of work into this for yours and my entertainment. Instead you and @csmopar had to throw a fit and act like whiny entitled brats Because it’s not going your way... grow up and be thankful!

How about leave the grown up conversations to the ones whove been doing this for the 3rd year in a row, multiple times each year no less.  Contrary to what you think you are reading, we can argue and still be civilized enough to not call others "whiners" which is, again easy for you to say when your team wasn't  disregarded against the agreed upon rules. So do yourself a favor, and step away from the keyboard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The only ones who have complained are you and Csmopar. This draft and the one earlier this year have been the best run drafts. 

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

How about leave the grown up conversations to the ones whove been doing this for the 3rd year in a row, multiple times each year no less.  Contrary to what you think you are reading, we can argue and still be civilized enough to not call others "whiners" which is, again easy for you to say when your team wasn't  disregarded against the agreed upon rules. So do yourself a favor, and step away from the keyboard.

I’m going to assume both of these were in the process of being typed when I posted my notice, so I’ll let them slide, but these arguments are now closed for any debate! Thank you!

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Uhh, well yeah, because my team was drafted for againstin contradiction to the rules we voted on. We voted on 8 picks a day, not more, not less.

• Like 1