Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Return Game Upgrade And Combine Performances

TubaGuy

I was one of the lucky 250 to be at the combine this morning. While I was definitely paying attention to Luck and Griffin, I found a couple of hidden "gems" in today's performances that I think could have an impact in our return game.

Two WRs in the "second tier" stood out to me...Lavon Brazill out of Ohio University and Danny Coale out of Viginia Tech.

Brazill is a bit undersized compared to the prototypical WR in today's times, but this guy locked onto every ball that came his way. No bobbles, no double-catches. He ran quick cuts, and when he cut upfield he was straight upfield quickly. I think he could have some great upfield moves, but I really liked his acceleration going up the field.

Coale reminded me of a "Wes Welker" type of receiver. Smallish but solid in build. Very quick moves, very solid hands, VERY good speed and acceleration.

Not sure if either of these guys would be instant impact guys as WRs but I think either could have a very strong impact as a return guy. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on both. I think either one could be a good late-round pick up and be an instant upgrade to our return game.

I watched some video of Brazill and would love if we got him in the later rounds, 5th or 6th. He seems to be a decent route runner, good deep threat, and has reliable hands. Here is his profile from NFL.com.

As for Coale, he seems like a reliable guy. Nothing flashy, won't run past you, won't jump over you, won't do any of that, but will catch the ball and be a hard worker. Here is his profile from NFL.com. I would really like it if we got him too (either/or, not both). Both him and Brazill seem like solid picks in the late rounds. I get the feeling that if he had Peyton at QB, he would do really well. No knock on Luck, just a hunch that he and Peyton would work really well together

Hope you had fun at the Combine, Tuba!

I was one of the lucky 250 to be at the combine this morning. While I was definitely paying attention to Luck and Griffin, I found a couple of hidden "gems" in today's performances that I think could have an impact in our return game.

Two WRs in the "second tier" stood out to me...Lavon Brazill out of Ohio University and Danny Coale out of Viginia Tech.

Brazill is a bit undersized compared to the prototypical WR in today's times, but this guy locked onto every ball that came his way. No bobbles, no double-catches. He ran quick cuts, and when he cut upfield he was straight upfield quickly. I think he could have some great upfield moves, but I really liked his acceleration going up the field.

Coale reminded me of a "Wes Welker" type of receiver. Smallish but solid in build. Very quick moves, very solid hands, VERY good speed and acceleration.

Not sure if either of these guys would be instant impact guys as WRs but I think either could have a very strong impact as a return guy. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on both. I think either one could be a good late-round pick up and be an instant upgrade to our return game.

Coale can punt too.