Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Always Will Be Indianapolis’ Favorite Son -- Washington Times

bayone

Not sure how you can justify having someone take up say 15-16 millon dollars of cap space when he is injuried and going on 36 years old.

Totally agree.

Here are Peyton's cap hits according to his current contract (in $millions):

2011: $16

2012: $17

2013: $18

2014: $19

2015: $20

Quite easily when it turns 2-14 into,

2010 - 10-6

2009 - 14-2

2008 - 12-4

2007 - 13-3

2006 - 12-4

2005 - 14-2

2004 - 12-4

2003 - 12-4

2002 - 10-6

Hmm, ask any non-playoff team if they would invest ~$20Mil or under to make themselves a playoff team, I can only think of what the answer would be. And since its "not about the money" seems like a heck of a bargain to me to skyrocket your chances at the playoffs/superbowl. I understand if hes not healthy, but like I said in another thread, wait until we know for sure. You guys see that hot new something and you forget the sure thing you have in front of you. Think with your big head, not your little one.

I highly doubt that any restructuring deal will be receptive to Peyton Manning. Tragically, Yoda is gone from INDY.

Even though the nerves in his neck & arm are beginning to re-generate, Peyton wants to win now. Massive coaching staff juggling & a whole new defensive scheme means that his option bonus will be used to pay for it. It's ironic really the stadium he literally built is going to make him turn in his keys. Sad very sad. Next landing spot for #18: New York Jets.

You can't afford to keep both, this is not MLB with no salary cap. You can not have the amount of cap space it would take to keep both and rebuild your franchise. Also why would Peyton want to play on a team not playoff quality.

Maybe not as much but he is going to be a hit to the cap regardless and a significant hit. I am not sure 100% but I believe he is like a 10 million even if we cut him. If he renegotiates and cuts that base salary to a lot less it isn't like keeping him is undoable. You have to weight the option of paying 10 million for nothing or like say 15 million for Peyton. Anyways you CAN borrow against future years against the cap so some things can be done with some creative negotiations.

Not playoff contenders I think is very questionable. I don't think anyone thought Detroit was playoff caliber last year or Denver or Cincy or San Francisco and NO ONE thought NY would win the super bowl at the beginning of the season...or heck even by week 14. We will have a weak schedule and a HOF qb if Peyton came back and likely a weapon or two added by draft and FA even with a tight salary cap. Heck adding a new coaching staff has to count for something lol.