Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Goodell Gets Renewed For Five Yrs. @ 200 million

King Colt

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21691975/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-signs-contract-extension

Roger Goodell has signed a five-year contract extension to remain the commissioner of the NFL, according to a letter obtained by ESPN.

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the new contract would be worth $200 million over the life of the contract -- about $40 million annually -- if owners approve all the bonuses and all the incentives are met. The new deal runs through the 2023 season.

I love this as Mike Wilbon put it, "This leaves Jerry Jones with his nose on the glass." Next, a meeting with all owners where? In Dallas! If Robert Kraft would not side with Jones who would?

Yes he got paid again to be the face of the owners. He is a well paid puppet to take all the heat aimed at the NFL. For those who have an illusion Goodell runs the NFL that is exactly why he was resigned. He makes a public appearance and gets booed and all he does is smile because he knows the ones booing are fooled. He is smiling all the way to the bank and the owners don't have to take any heat.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes he got paid again to be the face of the owners. He is a well paid puppet to take all the heat aimed at the NFL. For those who have an illusion Goodell runs the NFL that is exactly why he was resigned. He makes a public appearance and gets booed and all he does is smile because he knows the ones booing are fooled. He is smiling all the way to the bank and the owners don't have to take any heat.

He is the worst mistake in the history of the league.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He doesn't fool me I know he is a joke.

Your comment just shows exactly what I said. The owners want you to feel that way about him. As long as the fans attention is on him they are not on the owners.

Do you honestly think Goodell makes any moves without majority owners approval? If so then the owners money is well spent keeping all the attention on him from fans like you whining about him.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your comment just shows exactly what I said. The owners want you to feel that way about him. As long as the fans attention is on him they are not on the owners.

Do you honestly think Goodell makes any moves without majority owners approval? If so then the owners money is well spent keeping all the attention on him from fans like you whining about him.

That's only cause they just paid him way too much money.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That's only cause they just paid him way too much money.

So that's Goodell's fault?  You can call me anything you want for the money he makes. A far as him being a joke in your mind just shows you how wrong you are. Getting paid that kind of money not only does not make him a joke but also makes him a smart guy. He knows exactly what he is doing.