Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Overrated Colt

IndyTrav

darn bro did you get to see ANY of the SB playoff run?

Dare I say Irsay and any fan would have gladly paid ANY salary to either of these men to "do what they DID" ...

Which was play HUGE parts in a Super Bowl run.... that was truly EPIC.

and onw which Manning had "one" Manning half of football. Amazing aye?

Every snap, about 10 times. I never knew the thread was only in relation to 4 games. And by your reckoning regarding the SB run, ROB MORRIS should have got a £35m contract.....

Bigger picture young man, I was looking at the bigger picture.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every snap, about 10 times. I never knew the thread was only in relation to 4 games. And by your reckoning regarding the SB run, ROB MORRIS should have got a £35m contract.....

Bigger picture young man, I was looking at the bigger picture.

What bigger picture? All you are trying to do is poo poo some players who "have done something" in a Colt Uni.

I mean really,,, Overrated is by def... "Anything that is given too much credit and hype."

Sanders could NOT stay healthy, he was FAR from OVER RATED.

Hayden... bet Indy could have used him THIS season.

And Rob Morris... he along with Bob coming back healthy in 06 was the diff in the season. THe D "CAME ALIVE" When it happened.

Oh and Rob blew his knee out the following pre season... or he very well may "still" be in a Colt uni.

Over rated players are .... ............ I realy can't think of all that many in the Poian era. Simply because Bill "paid his own."..

he did not "over reach"....

:)

My gut tells me that Pagano and Manusky will like this kid, and I wouldn't be suprised if he had double digit sacks next season...

I will be shocked if PW makes the team.

A player can either play or not... take Hughes...... fe.

He doesn't do anything...... anytime...... ST, starting... playing ball boy!!!!!!?????

Chap brought up a great point regarding Jerry on DD's show a week or two ago...

when Mathis was a rookie... and played ST's he was an ANIMAL. Hughes playes ST's and .... the K/P dwarfes Jerry's T #'s for dudes........... CAREER I am thinking? Totally embarassing.....

Players can either play or not.... look at some film.

Definition of Overrated: To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

With this in mind, EVERY player that has ever come into the league, is, at some point, overrated. And the comment about Freeny being in the Pro Bowl for the last umpteen years... Come on, he had a mediocre season last year and there were at least 3 other DEs that should have been in the Pro Bowl ahead of him based off performance alone. You haven't figured out yet that the voting is based mainly off of people that only know players by name and dont' pay attention to stats at all? I must admit, I voted for two Colts this year for the Pro Bowl and only one of those got in. Pat Angerer tore it up this year and deserved the spot, but others with better known names got in. It's all in the politics.

But, in fairness, I will reply with:

Garcon - Fast, but, runs crap routes and drops waaaay too many passes.

What bigger picture? All you are trying to do is poo poo some players who "have done something" in a Colt Uni.

I mean really,,, Overrated is by def... "Anything that is given too much credit and hype."

Sanders could NOT stay healthy, he was FAR from OVER RATED.

Hayden... bet Indy could have used him THIS season.

And Rob Morris... he along with Bob coming back healthy in 06 was the diff in the season. THe D "CAME ALIVE" When it happened.

Oh and Rob blew his knee out the following pre season... or he very well may "still" be in a Colt uni.

Over rated players are .... ............ I realy can't think of all that many in the Poian era. Simply because Bill "paid his own."..

he did not "over reach"....

:)

Yes, and my definition of overrated for this thread was the cost and salary paid and the hit on the salary cap, versus the actual contributions made during their time as a Colt. There I believe Sanders and Hayden were therefore, 'overrated'.....

But you see it differently, which is fine by me.....

sigh....

So just out of curiosity... how far back does your wisdom go? Beyond a DPY who sealed a AFCCCG victory perhaps? or perhaps beyond the RB who scored said GO ahead TD?

Overrated? And Clark...

sigh..... oh Lord....

well sadly this league is all about," What have you done for me lately." I am not bashing Sanders, Clark, and Addai. In 2006 I would have said that these guys were some of the best players on the team. But Bob got injured to much and Bullit came in and did Sanders job. Bob was a great defensive player but he was overrated because of the injurys. In fact you can probably say that all 3 of these guys are overrated because of the effect that injurys have had on them. Addai was great when he first came in and then he got injured and we drafted Donald Brown which he seems to do a better job running with the football than Addai. Clark was also great after Marcus Pollard left the team, but last year he couldn't catch a cold and got injured. Out of my curiosity, if you had to choose, who is the most overrated player and why?