Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep the pick or trade down?

IndyScribe

54 minutes ago, B~Town said:

I would tend to trade down and grab take the kings ransom but if a player I believed to be a future pro bowler at ILB or OLB maybe even LT/RT  would we very tempted to stay put and make the pick  . There are a lot of variables with the needs on the O Line those extra picks could be invaluable .

Yes, trade down to get some extra picks and grab some O-line.  Nelson might be a mid-round guy we can get after trading back in the 1st.  This guy is a stud OG and has already played a whole year at LT as well.  He has versatility and again would be a huge impact at Guard.  Grab 3 guys if possible, if not addressed in FA.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why is that "pretty awesome"??

With all our needs,   why would anyone want the team to spend a high number one on a WR?

I think that would be a disaster.......

After TY Hilton we have no other offensive threats. Marlon Mack is starting to emerge.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Ask yourself this... was SBS being serious, or sarcastic?

Well.....

I thought you were being serious.    That's why I responded as I did.     I think sarcasm often doesn't read well on the internet... 

In case it's not obvious, you're one of my favorite posters.     I don't think anyone here has had a better 2017 than you have.     My sarcasm detector doesn't always work as well as I'd like it too.

I'm sorry I didn't give you the benefit if the doubt....    my bad!

:peek:

16 hours ago, tikyle said:

Unless we can get a game changing pass rusher, we should trade down.

That is what I am thinking too.  This team needs a pass rusher bad and the elite ones usually go very early in the draft.  Outside of that, the rest of the defensive and o-line issues can addressed well outside of the top 5-10 depending on where the Colts pick.