Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Media: Pagano Left Door Open (Speculation)

TKnight24

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally agree!  I think they'll be better against the run but the pass makes me nervous.  Vontae is the only good corner we have.  I hope Quincy can turn into an awesome #2 corner.  Hopefully they can get the job done as a collective group. 

Yea I hope Sheard and Simon can create enough to help out the secondary or man will it be a long year again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017. 08. 24. at 11:24 PM, bleevit said:

IMO Morris shows an ability that Tolzien does not. When the play breaks down in any way, Morris seems to be able to make something happen. This is a talent some QBs have and others like Tolzien seem to flounder. I think to win a game in the NFL the ability to improvise is crucial and has been one of the primary factors in Andrew Luck's success. It may just be the ability to get to a recognize 4th and 5th options on a play.

Improvization can indeed be life saver and/or game elevator IF there is enough talent to add it to. But if there is not enough talent, and there is only lack of experience, than an improvizing rookie against seasoned NFL veterans can easily lead to disaster. An NFL backup QB will never win a game for his team, his primary job is not to loose it. An improvising rookie without experience, could single handedly loose the game on the other hand.

So, that's my problem with Morris. I liked him  last year, and he was fine (actually, a bit of fresh air) this preseason. But he played against 3rd and 4th stringers, without game plan, simple and vanilla. That is college level. Playing against starters, defenses game planned and prepared for him, is a whole new level. I want to see him first in at least a bit more 'NFL like' situation (against 1st teams). Maybe on saturday we will.

I'm a bit skeptic though. Our coaches might not superbowl-bound best of the best, but still elite professional people. If Morris was indeed as much better as he looked, there is no way they wouldn't have noticed it. So I think there is more to it, which we do not know of.

Just now, Peterk2011 said:

... Playing against starters, defenses game planned and prepared for him, is a whole new level. I want to see him first in at least a bit similar situation. Maybe on saturday we will.

I'm a bit skeptic though. Our coaches might not superbowl-bound best of the best, but still elite professional people. If Morris was indeed as much better as he looked, there is no way they wouldn't have noticed it. So I think there is more to it, which we do not know of.

Unless Pagano puts Morris in the game early, we may never know.