Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign two CBs -- Chris Culliver and Corey White (merge)

PrincetonTiger

7 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I get what you mean as far as Culliver goes, but I just am hoping for the best I guess ? LOL. But no. You never know. He could be this years Antonio Cromartie with us, or be a major steal. I'm just saying he could possibly be a big time late signing for us, and IF he does regain that form from 2 years ago he'll be starting. Starting as in being one of our top 3 corners. I'm hoping so bad Wilson holds down a starting spot. And I'm kinda liking Hairston for depth and as a developmental type you know. What do you think about him btw ??? .. But anyways. I mean who knows how it'll play out lol..

We may actually keep 6 corners, (I wouldn't seeing as how we also have Butler who, ironically is a better corner than anyone on our roster not named Vontae)....But yeah. Our top 4 will get all the PT baring an injury so, with so many question marks I didn't even bother with the 5th and maybe the number 6 CB.. With 6 I'd say it'll be Melvin and White as things stand now. If we add a better corner somebodies gonna be hitting the road. I still wouldn't mind a trade for Darquez Dennard if nothing else, though. I'll take him over Melvin, etc. As for White he bounced around some last year too. Played for Buffalo for a bit, but I don't remember exactly how well he played last season.

I really like Q We were lucky he fell to us. He was talked about as a 1st rounder and mentioned in the conversations about the top corner in the draft. Then he put up that 40 time at the combine. Glad he slid and happy Ballard scooped him up. 

Hairston has looked good too.  Those two guys are part of the future on D. I want to see Milton come along too. It'd be nice to get something from the PS players starting with him.  

I'm not sure I want to see Butler back at CB. He looked like time might be catching him in the slot and he's always been a train wreck on the outside. There's a reason he moved to S. The fact that he can step in a pinch then the Green experiment. We probably only keep 5 CB's. Milton is PS eligibile. 

I want to see three youngsters make the roster. Then I think Ballard likes Melvin. Those are the 4 I think are with Vontae right now. Culliver made a couple of plays last night. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Let's not forget cut downs I'm sure we will keep a eye on the CB's available. If KC cuts Acker I think we move on him. 

Vontae is out with a groin injury now. If he's going to be down any length of time it will almost certainly effect the roster. We all know groin injuries can linger. Melvin Q Hairston and Milton is an awfully inexperienced group. We probably need to add a guy who can lock down the slot. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as high on Milton as AK. I think Ballard has shored up our depth with the signing of Culliver. Watched him a little bit last night. I think he could step in and play well if Vontae went down. Love what I'm seeing from Hairston. Hairston may even end up starting at the nickel. I'm not sure if Corey White played last night. Want to form my own opinion on him. I'm told hes a really good nickel corner. If so id be all for having that as a depth option or more. By the time Ballard is done we might actually have a deep secondary.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm not as high on Milton as AK. I think Ballard has shored up our depth with the signing of Culliver. Watched him a little bit last night. I think he could step in and play well if Vontae went down. Love what I'm seeing from Hairston. Hairston may even end up starting at the nickel. I'm not sure if Corey White played last night. Want to form my own opinion on him. I'm told hes a really good nickel corner. If so id be all for having that as a depth option or more. By the time Ballard is done we might actually have a deep secondary.

Can't keep everyone.  Realistically, how many CBs and S do you think we keep?  

Don't forget, we're keeping 3 QBs, which means some position group gets one less. 

20 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Can't keep everyone.  Realistically, how many CBs and S do you think we keep?  

Don't forget, we're keeping 3 QBs, which means some position group gets one less. 

Probably 5 CB. Davis, Wilson, Hairston, Culliver, Melvin. After I thought about it. Especially when you have Green and Butler as additional. Corner options. Even Farley has played nickel for us at times last year. Safeties will likely be Butler, Hooker, Farley, Green. And of course Geathers who will come later on.

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

Probably 5 CB. Davis, Wilson, Hairston, Culliver, Melvin. After I thought about it. Especially when you have Green and Butler as additional. Corner options. Even Farley has played nickel for us at times last year. Safeties will likely be Butler, Hooker, Farley, Green. And of course Geathers who will come later on.

Yeah, that's how I see it too, except for Culliver.  He looked good last night but I don't know enough about him yet.  Definitely need a guy with experience if we're keeping two rookies at CB.  I hope he's that guy. 

39 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, that's how I see it too, except for Culliver.  He looked good last night but I don't know enough about him yet.  Definitely need a guy with experience if we're keeping two rookies at CB.  I hope he's that guy. 

I think Culliver will be fine. Especially as depth and an additional guy who can keep some heat on Melvin.