Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DougDew's Awful Colts Mock Draft

Tis the season, so I'll make a commitment one day before the draft.  Information on the player is provided by internet sources, not my analysis.

1.  Jordan Willis EDGE/OLB Kansas State.  Pick 15 is a bit high for Willis, but the Colts won't find a trade down partner.  Pick 15 is looking like a bad place to be for value this year, so slightly reaching for a player may be unavoidable. They take the second most athletic EDGE player behind Takk McKinley, but Willis is a bit stouter than Takk and can play the Suggs role better.  I'd rather trade down before taking him here.  Whats a few slots when the player will be good.

2. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson.  Size and speed with good skill sets and interception history.

3. Kareem Hunt RB Toledo.  A replacement for Gore next year and is better in the passing game so he'll be a 3 down back when in the game.

4. Anthony Walker Jr.  ILB Northwestern.  An experienced player with good speed and some coverage ability.

4. Brendan Langley CB Lamar.  Size and speed with some skills and interception history.  Howard Wilson CB Houston is a possibility here.

4. Tedric Thomson FS Colorado.  Size and speed with good skills and interception history (get the DB theme?)

5. Avery Moss OLB Youngstown State.  Pure EDGE.  Pure knucklehead.

Okay boys and girls, tear it apart.....

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Tis the season, so I'll make a commitment one day before the draft.  Information on the player is provided by internet sources, not my analysis.

1.  Jordan Willis EDGE/OLB Kansas State.  Pick 15 is a bit high for Willis, but the Colts won't find a trade down partner.  Pick 15 is looking like a bad place to be for value this year, so slightly reaching for a player may be unavoidable. They take the second most athletic EDGE player behind Takk McKinley, but Willis is a bit stouter than Takk and can play the Suggs role better.  I'd rather trade down before taking him here.  Whats a few slots when the player will be good.

2. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson.  Size and speed with good skill sets and interception history.

3. Kareem Hunt RB Toledo.  A replacement for Gore next year and is better in the passing game so he'll be a 3 down back when in the game.

4. Anthony Walker Jr.  ILB Northwestern.  An experienced player with good speed and some coverage ability.

4. Brendan Langley CB Lamar.  Size and speed with some skills and interception history.  Howard Wilson CB Houston is a possibility here.

4. Tedric Thomson FS Colorado.  Size and speed with good skills and interception history (get the DB theme?)

5. Avery Moss OLB Youngstown State.  Pure EDGE.  Pure knucklehead.

Okay boys and girls, tear it apart.....

Like the picks, just strong reaches in rounds 2-3 without a trade-down. Kareem Hunt is a 4th rounder at best. Tankersley is a 3-4th at best.

Avery Moss, he exposed himself but charges were dropped due to lack of evidence, or very small and flimsy evidence. :):):)