Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NYG (+3 1/2) at Green Bay (1-8-16)

oldunclemark

4:40 EST...Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews (the glamour team) on FOX

....15 degrees and sunny in upper Wisconsin -  over-under 47

NYG vet Eli Marnning (377 of 598 4,037 yatrds) 26 Tds  and 16 INTs) throws for 4,000 in a bad year

....He has Pro Bowl WR Odell Beckham Jr. (101 catches for 1,367 yards, 10 TDs) and shifty Sterling Shepard (65 catches for 683 yards) ready to put the heat on Green bay's depleted secondary....

....the NYG's don't run the ball...just 3.5 yards per carry and 6 TDs  so they'll be throwing all day and Eli  (just 21 sacks) is way too old, to let himself  be sacked.

Without Jason Pierre Paul (7 sacks with one hand) the Giants rush isnt what it was but the NYGs have 17 pass interceptions led by Dominque Rodgers Cromartie (6 picks)

New Yrk has ther No. 2 scoring defense in the NFL but that may be a product of playing the Bears, Cleveland and Minnesota

GB star Aaron Rodgers (401 of 610 for 4.428) leads the BNFL with 40 touchdown passes.

The player who would be runaway MVP if his name was Brady, Rodgers has run 67 times for 369 yards and 4 TDs)

.Pro Bowl WR Jordy Nelson (97 catches, 1,257 yards) has caught 14 TD passes (No,.1 in the NFL:) and DeVontae Adams (75 catches, 997 yards) has caught 12 TDs.

The Packers get 4.5 yard per carry and I don't know how because they don't have any real running backs,

The Packers have 39 QB sacks..and 17 pass interceptions..

Well, the weather outside is frightful..and so is the NYG offense..just 79 points scored total in their last 5 games..

GB players are insane....they actually like to play in this freeze-dried weather

..... think the Giants' 11-5 record is a great achievement but GB is the team you ddint want to draw..

I'd stay away from the over-under and take Green Bay to cover 4 points

Green Bay isn't as automatic as people think. They've goose egged more than once both ways, as the season long favorite and as the late season peak. 

The Giants aren't automatic either. The whole playoff Eli stigma has rested on it's laurels more than it has proven itself lately.

I guess we'll see. Can't wait.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Green Bay isn't as automatic as people think. They've goose egged more than once both ways, as the season long favorite and as the late season peak. 

The Giants aren't automatic either. The whole playoff Eli stigma has rested on it's laurels more than it has proven itself lately.

I guess we'll see. Can't wait.

True..I would always remember that past year do not matter.

These teams change so much every year..and everybody is in a different physical condition at the end of every season...

I'm worried about how few points the Giants have scored in recent games. Can they bust out for 24 or 27 today when they've only averaged 15-16 a game the last month or so?

Some Giants fans were planning on attending the game, but many flights out of NYC were delayed by 8+ hours or cancelled due to bad weather.  So, a group of Giants fans who were at LaGuardia decided to rent a car and are driving to Green Bay. They are about an hour away. Those are some dedicated fans. 

I hope the Giants win.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Some Giants fans were planning on attending the game, but many flights out of NYC were delayed by 8+ hours or cancelled due to bad weather.  So, a group of Giants fans who were at LaGuardia decided to rent a car and are driving to Green Bay. They are about an hour away. Those are some dedicated fans. 

I hope the Giants win.

Driving from NYC to Green Bay at night in January? That's hard core fan love.