Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent or Dorsett?

azcolt

1 minute ago, Nostrils said:

dang, seems like he's had more than 2 for the season?...

I honestly thought it would be somewhere in the middle of what the stats say and what fans have been saying. 

If someone has a more reliable source, let me know but that's what I found. SportingCharts.com and the Washington Post both track drops at the player level. The rest of his stats (completions/targets) tie out with ESPN & NFL.com so I'm assuming they are in the ballpark.

13 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I honestly thought it would be somewhere in the middle of what the stats say and what fans have been saying. 

If someone has a more reliable source, let me know but that's what I found. SportingCharts.com and the Washington Post both track drops at the player level. The rest of his stats (completions/targets) tie out with ESPN & NFL.com so I'm assuming they are in the ballpark.

During the broadcast yesterday they said that anytime a ball hits your hands and you don't make the catch, it is a drop.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

During the broadcast yesterday they said that anytime a ball hits your hands and you don't make the catch, it is a drop.  

I don't personally subscribe to that view but I'm sure there are plenty that believe it to be true.

In my opinion, sometimes defenders just make plays. I'm assuming, based on the recorded numbers, that NFL statisticians are following the same logic.

12 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I believe coaching is a huge issue on this team. I understand they recognized this issue at the o-line, so they brought Cam Cameron in, which I believe is an upgrade, but now what about better tackling and catching? We need to preach better fundamentals, and the coaches could use some more fundamentals too -- no 4th & 1 HB slip screens or that infamous Patriots 4th down punt call:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

^ The reason that screwed up in the first place was because the coaches didn't practice the play enough with that snapper, hence the confusion. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

1338333406_allen-iverson-meme-generator-practice-how-am-i-supposed-to-make-my-teammates-better-by-practice-a59f62.jpeg

10 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I don't personally subscribe to that view but I'm sure there are plenty that believe it to be true.

In my opinion, sometimes defenders just make plays. I'm assuming, based on the recorded numbers, that NFL statisticians are following the same logic.

I don't either.   They said it as if that is how the NFL defines it.  

I think a couple of those were poor throws to Dorsett.   He reached back and got a hand on it, but it was not catchable.