Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Mock

1st Cunningham ILB We have to get someone who can play sideline to sideline and cover stop wasting picks on guys like Morrison.

2nd Taco Charlton Edge he can play standing up or with a hand in the dirt and get to the QB

3rd Awuzie CB he can bring stability to CB2 can tackle 

4th Landry OLB BC another guy who can get after the QB and is stout vs run love this kid 

4th Mixon RB OU or Hunt Toledo. Upgrade RB 

5th Corn Elder CB he's a player with  potential to play outside or in the slot. If we bring back Butler keep him at S 

6th DeLuca ILB NDSU small school big game He doesn't fit the ILB mold of recent years he can cover and tackle

7th Leamon OT South Carolina St he was a Clemson recruit didn't make grades.  

Depending the edge sitting there in the 1st. I may go Edge there and come back for Reeve-Mayburn. I really like him and was leaning that way before the injury. His medical will determine where he goes. We have nothing at LB except Walden I wanted to add to the DL but LB's and CB's had to be addressed. I think giving McGill time and Ridgeway improvement might help enough 

I hope we invest this much in D.  The pieces we need on O I'd look in FA maybe the RG we should have brought in last year. Hopefully Clark can push someone. 

Very good job. Cunningham and Awuzie are both very good players who could contribute right away. 

Awuzie is definitely one of my favorite players in the draft. Physical, tough, smart CB who can lineup anywhere. He's also not afraid to make tackles in run support. 

I need to go take a look at Taco Charlton and Harold Landry. I keep hearing their names but don't know anything about them. 

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

1st Cunningham ILB We have to get someone who can play sideline to sideline and cover stop wasting picks on guys like Morrison.

2nd Taco Charlton Edge he can play standing up or with a hand in the dirt and get to the QB

4th Landry OLB BC another guy who can get after the QB and is stout vs run love this kid 

5th Corn Elder CB he's a player with  potential to play outside or in the slot. If we bring back Butler keep him at S 

6th DeLuca ILB NDSU small school big game He doesn't fit the ILB mold of recent years he can cover and tackle

Depending the edge sitting there in the 1st. I may go Edge there and come back for Reeve-Mayburn. I really like him and was leaning that way before the injury. His medical will determine where he goes. We have nothing at LB except Walden I wanted to add to the DL but LB's and CB's had to be addressed. I think giving McGill time and Ridgeway improvement might help enough 

I hope we invest this much in D.  The pieces we need on O I'd look in FA maybe the RG we should have brought in last year. Hopefully Clark can push someone. 

Do we have a 7th round pick ? I thought we traded that last year.

14 hours ago, akcolt said:

I'm big on this guy, but I think he's a 2nd rounder rather than a 4th. In fact, he's perhaps a 1st rounder if he has a good combine. I believe his stat line at the moment is 15 sacks, 20.5 TFL, 7 FF. That's pretty monstrous. 

5 hours ago, Track Guy said:

I'm big on this guy, but I think he's a 2nd rounder rather than a 4th. In fact, he's perhaps a 1st rounder if he has a good combine. I believe his stat line at the moment is 15 sacks, 20.5 TFL, 7 FF. That's pretty monstrous. 

The combine will more than likely determine where he goes. I completely agree the kid is at the least day 2 talent. That doesn't mean he goes there not in this draft. 

I'm looking at how flooded the position is. I am hearing his name more but look around at the big boards. You won't find him in a lot of top 100's. 

He played on a team in BC that gave up 56 42 55 to Clemson UL FSU. Boston College isn't very good nor is it a pipeline for the NFL.

Then look at the names the SEC there are guys like Garrett, Barnett, Bama's 3 Allen Williams Anderson, then Haynes, Wise, Lawson just in that conference. I'm probably missing someone then add Harris Smoot Lewis Fields McKinley Carraway the list goes on.

This draft is heavy with CB talent going the first 2 days. We know about the RB class. I am not saying all those guys are better than Landry they aren't but when you start putting your top 100 on paper the 4th isn't a huge stretch. 

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

The combine will more than likely determine where he goes. I completely agree the kid is at the least day 2 talent. That doesn't mean he goes there not in this draft. 

I'm looking at how flooded the position is. I am hearing his name more but look around at the big boards. You won't find him in a lot of top 100's. 

He played on a team in BC that gave up 56 42 55 to Clemson UL FSU. Boston College isn't very good nor is it a pipeline for the NFL.

Then look at the names the SEC there are guys like Garrett, Barnett, Bama's 3 Allen Williams Anderson, then Haynes, Wise, Lawson just in that conference. I'm probably missing someone then add Harris Smoot Lewis Fields McKinley Carraway the list goes on.

This draft is heavy with CB talent going the first 2 days. We know about the RB class. I am not saying all those guys are better than Landry they aren't but when you start putting your top 100 on paper the 4th isn't a huge stretch. 

Yes I know he's not up there on a lot of big boards, I'm just not sure why. I look at someone like Noah Spence from last year, I think he's a totally reasonable comparison. Spence was top 40 even with character issues. But I do know that you're right, he's not getting as much buzz as some guys at his position who I personally have trouble believing are better than he is. 

45 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Yes I know he's not up there on a lot of big boards, I'm just not sure why. I look at someone like Noah Spence from last year, I think he's a totally reasonable comparison. Spence was top 40 even with character issues. But I do know that you're right, he's not getting as much buzz as some guys at his position who I personally have trouble believing are better than he is. 

I think it speaks more to the depth of this draft class than it does to Landry's ability. For a team desperate for OLB, CB, and RB help, this draft could not have come at a better time for the Colts. Now, it just comes down to making the right picks for our team.

There's no reason we can't come away with 3-4 day 1 starters in this draft.