Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce Arians on MNF

azcolt

5 hours ago, will426 said:

I mean Arians team is doing bad based on the fact that his qb is inconsistent and is injure prone if he had luck that offense would be top 3 lol  I like him cuz he doesn't take nonsense like chuck he won't baby you he'll tell you as a man you need To step it up 

Quarterbacks who play for Arians tend to be inconsistent and injury prone.  Coincidence?

7 hours ago, Myles said:

You contradicted yourself.   Nothing was obvious but you thought he was a better coach than Pagano just like most fans (at least the one's I talk to). 

If Pagano doesn't impact in game coaching decisions than he a worse coach than people think.  

I'm not sure what you are arguing here.   I'll argue that Arians is a better coach then Pagano.   You said you thought the same thing.   So what the heck?

The below paragraph spells is out pretty clearly:

Pagano went 2-2 and Arians 9-3 in 2012.

On October 1, 2012, Arians was named the interim head coach of the Colts following coach Chuck Pagano's leukemia diagnosis.[9] Arians led the Colts to a 9–3 record, part of one of the biggest one-season turnarounds in NFL history. The nine wins are the most by an interim head coach in NFL history.[10] After winning only two games in 2011, the Colts returned to the playoffs. Pagano returned to the Colts as head coach on December 24, 2012, with Arians returning to his role as offensive coordinator.[11] Arians missed the Colts wild-card game loss against the Baltimore Ravens due to being hospitalized with an illness, which was described by doctors as an inner ear infection or a virus; Arians had missed practice on January 3 due to the flu.[12] Arians was named the 2012 AP Coach of the Year, making him the first interim head coach to win the award

No.    That's not what I said.....    

I've said Arians is the better coach since he's been at Arizona.    Not based on what he did as the Colts coach.   

13 hours ago, #12. said:

Never understood the Arians hatred on this forum.  Of course it seems many of the people who were hyper-critical of Arians were the same ones who defended Richardson, Werner and Grigson to their deaths.  Go figure. 

What hatred for Arians on this forum?

Are you talking about the thread or, over a period of years?

Because I'm not aware of any hate toward Arians,  except for his work as an OC,  which I personally thought was highly over-rated.

I think Arians is a much better head coach than he is an offensive coordinator.

But, big deal....    the demand for a great HC is far greater....   it's a much harder job,  and I think that's where Arians real skills lie....

Blah. I like his motivational and tough guy talk at times for fun but he is overrated. We are lucky Luck didn't get paralyzed in 2012 with Arians winding him as a deep chucking robot every week.

And for Gods sake, they beat the Jets up last night. Hell thats a team we might be able to beat now too since Fitzpatrick has turned into the worst QB on the planet.